Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you build?

Dog
    Ok, its a boring saturday night. Everyone always tries to find the cheapest way to go as fast as possible. What if you won the lottery say 50 to 60 thousand dollars. What kind of boat would you built. I know everyone has thought about it at least once and prolly more than likely all the time.
    I would like to build a very fast lake tx-19 maybe a big 600 something cubic inch aluminium single carb motor and a big dose of Nitrious.
    Just bored and rambling. Have fun guys.
    Dog

HBjet
    50k or 60k?
    Well, If I wanted an outboard, I'd buy 3-4 21' Liberator tunnels, all with 300X mercs on the back, but thats another story.
    I'd buy a boat that I could get the most out of. If it totals up to be around 90k, no problem. If I didn't want the payment, and to have a kick ass jet boat, it would most likely be a 21' Daytona tunnel, 800HP single carb 581 big block with Aluminum heads and thru transom headers. 200hp nitrous kit and all the pump work required to handle the power. Oh, and a kick ass stereo. What i'd end up with would be a 21' daytona jet that has a slightly taller then normal engine hatch, but can reach 100mph+ speeds anytime I want.
    HBjet
    That's just one idea...
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited December 08, 2001).]

Infomaniac
    Dog: Speaking from the land of drag boats. More tx-19's than you can count. Any of them that get close to 100 MPH suprise the driver with very stupid unannounced maneuvers. Get a full tunnel boat before adding big power. Take your choice of which one.

Dog
    I won't be gettin anything very soon just thought it would be fun to see what some other people dream about. The first fast boat i was in was a tx about 15 years ago have wanted one ever since. And yeah i understand what you are saying about the unexpected moves, but things happen in all kinds of hulls. A tunnel would be fun but everyone makes the tunnels go fast. Call me stupid just thinks its fun to be a little different. I know there are just as many gull wing style hulls out there but how many actually go 100+. This is just a fun topic.
    later
    Dog

Bense468
    I would have to go with HB jet on the daytona. I am only 22 and am going through my 18 footer stage but after 4 years I am getting a little tired of it. I want to settled down with a nice 21 daytona on a pump that has room for 5 if needed and can run 100 that right there is a dream boat of mine. But I still want a CP gullwing before I step up to the daytona. So one goal at a time.

superdave013
    50 - 60K? That's easy, I would keep my schiada and pocket the cash.

LeadFootTheRabbit
    Has to be a FLATBOTTOM V-Drive, hemi headed BBF. Not to race so much as to cruise and make noise. Now that I own a jet and I'm learnin about them, I'm starting to think their kinda cool. However, just my opinion, nothing looks better that a Flat V-drive in the water or on a trailer. Wait, I guess a tall leggy blonde in a thong holding on to it at the shoreline would look better!
    LDFTRBT

future boater
    twenty foot rayson craft gn hull with blown
    427 side oiler ford v-drive of course...
    that should about cover it

future boater
    similar to this one
    http://free.***boat.net/hbcove/12/1/02.gif
    put the rest of the money down on a house on by the river

future boater
    darn it!that pic was supposed to be bigger...
    whers is hh

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast