Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Props to Lakeland

mbrown2
    I have to give props to Lakeland even though I have had better boating weekends than this last weekend.
    Saturday 11:00am....launch...meet up with Rocky and getting ready to make a run down to the Copper and ride the white caps...port motor is not idling great; figured it was cold since it had been sitting for 4 months......get to the bouys...motor is really low on power and won't rev...limp back figuring fouled plugs but wanted to make sure...so on the trailer to Lakeland....Gil and Team at Lakeland drop what they are doing check/change plugs...do compression check and everything checks out except one cylinder bank is colder than the other....check thermostat and find small pebble holding it open with triggers a rich condition....Get that taken care of and have them change the plugs in the starboard motor as well and while checking diags on other engine, find by listening to motor like a Ferrari mechanic small oil bleeder line pinched/cut.....traced/replaced and back to the ramp..... Drop back in around 3:00...and boats purrs like the day I took possesion...made a couple runs and it ran great...
    Sunday 10:00am...launch...run to Steamboat, run to backside of the Island...all gauges check out, running on back side of the island at around 45 (I am teaching the wife to drive at this point out in the wide part of the lake), I have her turn around....start to hear loud knock in the motor that gets worse really quick...turn it off...and then limp in..
    Monday 8:00am...call Lakeland...speak to Ritchey, he is bummed to hear about it and asks if I can bring it right in...drop it off an hour later. They looked at it yesterday and it locked up...not sure what it is...but the motor has only 59 hours on it and is 6 months out of warranty...last time before the weekend that it had been run was October (which was when Warranty expired)....Ritchie tried to talk to Merc today about helping out, they Ok'd him to tear it down and find out what broke..(given the situation), so hopefully Merc will step up...either way Ritchey and Lakeland have stepped up at this point. Kudos to them...just wanted to pass along my experience...

BoatFloating
    Mike, it's great to hear that Lakeland stepped up to go to bat for you. I hope they can figure what went wrong and Merc fix it if it was something on their end. The one thing Lakeland does is try and help you get back on the water with a walk in. They have been helpful lately in getting my boat dialed in. Still some work to go but I know Richie, Lou and Gil and the rest of the Lakeland crew will get it handled....

mbrown2
    Rock, thanks for the offer on the ride on Sunday......we jumped in with Dennis26 after putting her on the trailer.....when your boat breaks, it is always great to take your ice chest, jump in another boat and drink your sorrows away ....Sunday was a awesome day weather wise....Saturday afternoon was a blast even with the drama, Saturday night was a great food at Zman's and fun drinking at SBullet's......River Season has begun....
    I will be doing a lot of Boat Biatching until I can get one back on the water...
    Two boats down in less than a week.....at least I am getting it out of the way in March and not May

BoatFloating
    Rock, thanks for the offer on the ride on Sunday......we jumped in with Dennis26 after putting her on the trailer.....when your boat breaks, it is always great to take your ice chest, jump in another boat and drink your sorrows away ....Sunday was a awesome day weather wise....Saturday afternoon was a blast even with the drama, Saturday night was a great food at Zman's and fun drinking at SBullet's......River Season has begun....
    I will be doing a lot of Boat Biatching until I can get one back on the water...
    Two boats down in less than a week.....at least I am getting it out of the way in March and not May
    Like I said Mike you are more and happy to ride with me on the 8th-10th and any other time. have you, Jamie and Smokey (my boy loves saying hey Smokey) are all welcome aboard. Hell maybe you'll show me some driving skills with the wackers....
    I talked to my prop guy and he suggested I try your 28P 4 blades. He said the 15" wheel is better for a heavier boat like mine. So if you don't mind next week I'll try them out and have them back at Lakeland on Monday....

mbrown2
    I talked to my prop guy and he suggested I try your 28P 4 blades. He said the 15" wheel is better for a heavier boat like mine. So if you don't mind next week I'll try them out and have them back at Lakeland on Monday....
    No problem, try them...and take this with you as my permission slip...

BoatFloating
    No problem, try them...and take this with you as my permission slip...
    Thanks man.... Keep me posted on how goes the repairs....

phebus
    Rocky and Mike, just out of curiosity, what type of props are you guys running with those wackers?

Kilrtoy
    WHOLLY SHIAT,
    That sucks Mike sorry to hear this......
    I hope it is something simple...
    I know its no prize, but if you like you and the wife can ride with us......
    You can teach me all the little tricks you know.....
    Wow keep us posted....

mbrown2
    Rocky and Mike, just out of curiosity, what type of props are you guys running with those wackers?
    I forget on Rock's boat....but I am currently running 15x28" 4 blade cleavers....I like the 3 blade 14 1/2 x 30" cleavers best, and I might be trying 14 1/2" x 32"'s 3 blade's next...
    BTW, nice meeting you and the wife at the Turtle on Saturday...you missed some good food that night...wish you guys could have made it..

mbrown2
    WHOLLY SHIAT,
    That sucks Mike sorry to hear this......
    I hope it is something simple...
    I know its no prize, but if you like you and the wife can ride with us......
    You can teach me all the little tricks you know.....
    Wow keep us posted....
    Thanks Kilr, I appreciate the offer...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast