Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Death Pool......

jdogginla
    Now that the Pope has left us (no dis-respect, may he Rest in Peace) there will be a new death pool draft next week. Alot of people are drop'n out of the other pool I'm in, because they say they haven't won and don't want to play anymore. BOO HOO! Basically they are tired of not playing the game correctly.
    Here is how it works.......buy in is $50.00 (usually 100.00 but unless we can find enough people who want to play $100, we'll play 50 this time around).
    Once we've got enough players........we will draw names out of a hat and hold a serpentine draft according to the order your name is drawn.
    Round one will go 1-10
    Round two will go 10-1
    Round three will go 1-10
    There will be 6 rounds
    You can choose any well known person that you want. First person that passes that is on someone's list will win the money. Last two times I've won the pot has been between $1,000 -$1,500 bux. It will buy you a nice mod for your truck or boat.......so com'on and play.
    A little twisted but simple and fun.
    Who's in?

bunny 166
    OK, jdogg, I don't really understand how drafts work, so try to explain it to me....this cracked me up the last time I was reading about it. (Of course no disrespect to anyone here regarding the death of someone as beloved as the Pope)
    Do I get to choose who is on my list? What if more than one person has the same person, or is that possible? Do you come up with possibilities and then you get what you draw? I want Scott Peterson on my list.... :burningm: :burningm:

WYRD
    I am in but I want a breif summary of the rules

jdogginla
    It's just like a football draft...........once a person/player is taken you can not draft the same person.
    Let's say you have the nuber 3 draft pick.
    U get the 3rd pick in the 1st round, u will then get the 8th pick in the 2nd round, then the 3rd pick in the 3rd round, the 8th pick in the 4th, the third pick in the 5th, and the 8th pick in the 6th round.
    So if we have 6 rounds and 10 people........we could have more but this is example is based on 10 people, u should prepare by having a list of 60 + people, just in case some of your choices are picked before you.
    Again......once a person is drafted, another person can not draft that same person.

WYRD
    What if nobody dies on the list

jdogginla
    What if nobody dies on the list
    U have to be smart and pick wisely........but if after 6 months we will re-draft. Although i've never been in one that's gone longer than six months.

WYRD
    I am in. We should get together some where in So Cal to draw names and while we are there drink some Beer

bunny 166
    I am in. We should get together some where in So Cal to draw names and while we are there drink some Beer
    Excellent idea....when and where?? :smile:

jdogginla
    Ok......so the list starts now
    Jdogginla - Jason
    WYD
    Bunny

bunny 166
    OK, sorry if I sound lame....just to be sure--when we meet I need my own list of names, and we choose when it's our turn to choose. If someone else takes a name that I have on my list, I can't have them, right? And how many people will be on our list in the end? I saw if no one kicks it we re-pick in 6 months....
    I bet no one had Johnny Cochran on their list! :squiggle: Go figure!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast