Thread: What Octane?

GRUNION
    What octane are you guys running? Im running 92 in a 502 with a super charger. Think it would hurt to run cheaper gas?

Havasu Hangin'
    Why risk it? Hell, just run 100 now, because it's almost the same price as 91...lol.

Jbb
    I think it would.....If you are running more than 4 or 5 lbs.....assuming a static cr of 8:1

BADBLOWN572
    Too much octane is never a problem. The one time you don't have enough octane, you are in for a big problem.
    I run AV gas in anything high performance all the time. For the .15 per gallon difference, it is cheap insurance against a major failure.

Jordy
    For the .15 per gallon difference, it is cheap insurance against a major failure.
    There ya go. How much money are you going to save when you get an octane knock and end up detonating a piston or worse??? You can buy lots of gas for what it costs to rebuild a big block.

GRUNION
    Too much octane is never a problem. The one time you don't have enough octane, you are in for a big problem.
    I run AV gas in anything high performance all the time. For the .15 per gallon difference, it is cheap insurance against a major failure.
    Isnt there a problem with running straight av gas. I know its made to run at altitude and at a low rpm.
    And I wasnt planning on running a lower octane I was just wondering what you guys thought. I hear people say different thing all the time.

Fast Freddy
    i run 100 octane LL avgas in my boats. filled up my nordic last week for $3.09 a gallon. living in a residential fly-in community has its perks

Nord
    87 in a 502 mag...............