Thread: winterizing

brazosriver
    I would like to hear some ideas on winterizing my jet..thanks

Hallett of a Dream
    I am hoping my process worked and maybe someone will be able to tell me if it should. But instead of the bolt type plugs on the side of the block, I have brass drains. I drain all the water out and close them up, disconnect one of the lines at the thermostat housing, hook up a 4 foot section of hose with a funnel on the other end, elevate the funnel so there is velocity of the antifreeze into the block and keep pouring it in until it comes out of the ports at the back of the boat. I just hope that the water that couldn't drain out got mixed with antifreeze. Any speculations?

HammerDown
    HOD, I've been doing it that way for years,never had any problems. One thing I may add...with the block full of antifreez,if ya have a main valve at the pump crack it open so it purges out locked in water+air, also it puts some good stuff in the pump bowl.Then just top off again at the thermo. housing. Bummer another couple weeks and I'am done.(F#&King Winter!!!)

rstover1
    Winter f&^%in sucks http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/cwm/3dlil/mad.gif Oh well time to play with my 4 wheel drive.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

nitro557
    i use a 5gal bucket with a bilge pump i hook the hose off the pump to the main water line in fill the bucket with antifreeze and fire it hook the pump up to the battery and run it till the bucket is near empty then fog the motor down and im done