Thread: weight in bow

mach1 454
    i have about a 50 pound speaker, and box in my 20 foot mach 1 closed bow. Would i increase my overall speed if i were to take it out?

Tinkerboater
    Any weight you can remove from a boat will help speed and handling but 50 lbs wont make much of a change. Just keep any movable weight as far back in the boat as you can.

greg shoemaker
    Whenever you add weight forward it's a lot harder to get the bow to come up.That 50 lbs 21 feet from the thrust point becomes a heavy load.Greg

mach1 454
    Originally posted by greg shoemaker:
    Whenever you add weight forward it's a lot harder to get the bow to come up.That 50 lbs 21 feet from the thrust point becomes a heavy load.Greg
    Thanx greg im a 17 year old hard core hot boater and have heard about you in hot boat. i would one day love to have my own busness like yours! how did you get started in this industrie? i would like to know any info to get me in the right derection. thanx

Bense468
    take your pump and motor apart about 50 times and grind here and grind there. See what works and what doesn't. Thats somewhere to start. BTW I was just kidding. So it to a buddies boat

rivercrazy
    Thats why closed bows are faster than open bows. Weight forward is rough on speed!

RiverDave2
    A couple of Sand Bags in the front of my boat knocked off 6mph with my current setup, with the balls out performance prop etc... It knocks off closer to 10mph. Yes it makes a big difference, but it also makes it ride smoother in rough water.
    RD