Boycott Home Depot
Illegal Immigration is a big issue and rightfully so. Many times it seems like there arenÂ’t enough things that can be done by the average Joe to help act upon what he believes in. Small movements like the Minuteman Project give constructive outlets, but even still, the logistics of participating in something like that can be tough. The bottom line is to be committed in your belief and act where you can.
Because of Home DepotÂ’s support of day laborers and their subsidization of day laborer lounges, I have decided to boycott Home Depot. IÂ’m fortunate that I live in an area where I have the choice of LoweÂ’s or Home Depot, and for what I need, I can usually get what IÂ’m looking for at either store. For a long time I have seen day laborers lined up in Home Depot parking lots and it always turned my stomach. The way they would accost my truck when IÂ’d pull into the Santa Ana location for some odds and ends that a crew missed, or we needed to accommodate a last minute customer request, infuriated me and strengthened my distaste for illegal immigrants in general. Now having greater insight into the decay they are inflicting upon our nation, I find that I cannot justify spending my hard earned money if a portion of it is going to support illegal immigration in any way, shape, or form.
I just sent a detailed email to Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...41.1112721012@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddefjmefdkcgelceffdfgidgmj.0& CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=Customer%20Support/Contact%20Us&MID=9876) explaining why they will no longer receive my business, and from now on, LoweÂ’s gets first crack at my dollar. They arenÂ’t a perfect company either, but at least they arenÂ’t openly embracing illegal immigrants and seeking public funds to assist in the subsidization of these day labor lounges. Whoever reads that email will probably just toss it and chuckle and life will go on as usual for Home Depot, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm doing something, however small it may be, to put my money where my mouth is.
Chris