Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Home Depot

NashvilleBound
    If someone finds that online for sale...I WANT ONE!!!!

RitcheyRch
    Agree with that 100%.
    Personally I think, after a proper warning, we should have our National Guard at our borders. Shoot to kill. The word would go out and immediately it would stop without a shot being fired. But thats just my idea. It will never happen...someone would cry foul.

Forkin' Crazy
    Been through this before....
    Let's address the real problem here....
    Is it the aliens? No. Is it that the US doesn't have an adequate work force? No again...
    IT'S BECAUSE SOME AMERICANS WON'T WORK!!! They would rather sit on their asses and draw a check!!! You know, welfare, SSI, assisted living, utilities, transportation, medical, etc, etc!!!
    Until we rid ourselves of these programs, we are screwing ourselves.... Put the blame where it belongs. OUR GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!

Havasu Cig
    I have to disagree. The main problem is the Mexican government who's second largest souce of income is the money sent back from illegal workers. The Mexican government does not want to stop illegal immigration because it is a huge cash cow for them. They actively support and help people crose our borders illegaly. They just sent 1000 Mexican soldiers to the border to try and indimidate the Minute Men. I do blame our government for not cracking down and putting pressure on the Mexican government. We should have responded to their troop deployment with one of our own IMO.

Steve 1
    You jail/fine the employers of these Border criminals eliminating the jobs and tax the money sent to Mexico at 50% for starters.
    Then round up the rest that is not headed south and deport them.

NashvilleBound
    I have to disagree. The main problem is the Mexican government who's second largest souce of income is the money sent back from illegal workers. The Mexican government does not want to stop illegal immigration because it is a huge cash cow for them. They actively support and help people crose our borders illegaly. They just sent 1000 Mexican soldiers to the border to try and indimidate the Minute Men. I do blame our government for not cracking down and putting pressure on the Mexican government. We should have responded to their troop deployment with one of our own IMO.
    Hell ya we should have. But your right...its big biz now. Jsut think of alll the jobs that would be lost. Really backwards thinking.... imagine that. Sign of the times.

flat broke
    Just a little update from Home Depot. Below is their official response to my email. I at least give them credit for getting back to me with a live response rather than computer generated B.S. My rebuttal follows.
    >----- ------- Original Message ------- -----
    >From: HD Consumer Affairs
    ><hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
    >To: Chris Lloyd <admin@liquidaddiction.net>
    >Sent: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:18:43
    >
    >Dear Christopher Lloyd,
    >
    >Thank you for contacting The Home Depot and sharing
    >your thoughts
    >regarding day laborers. We sincerely appreciate
    >hearing from all of our
    >customers.
    >
    >First and foremost, please know that The Home Depot
    >supports legal
    >immigration to the United States and does not
    >support illegal
    >immigration.
    >
    >Day laborers who congregate in our parking lot do
    >so without Home
    >Depot's consent. We do not recommend that our
    >customers employ, nor
    >does The Home Depot, employ the day laborers who
    >congregate in our
    >parking lots.
    >
    >To alleviate the situation in some areas, we have
    >supported, along with
    >other members of the community, the creation of Day
    >Labor centers. The
    >Home Depot is proud of it's involvement in finding
    >innovative ways to
    >address community concerns.
    >
    >Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    >Kirk
    >Home Depot Customer Care
    >homedepot.com
    Kirk,
    First and foremost, I appreciate an actual response as opposed to computer-generated rabble fashioned by your legal department. But for Home Depot to say, "please know that The Home Depot supports legal immigration to the United States and does not support illegal immigration" is in direct contradiction to the fact that Home Depot subsidizes the construction and upkeep of "Day Labor Centers". If so little as 1% of the Day Laborers are illegal immigrants, Home Depot is most definitely taking a very active stance in supporting illegal immigration. And depending on your familiarity with Southern California, you would probably agree that the percentage of Day Laborers found in your parking lots and lounges is more likely to be around 70% illegal immigrants.
    I realize that I'm just one customer and a miniscule portion of Home Depot's annual revenues. But if the statement that was issued about Home Depot NOT supporting illegal immigration is true, there needs to be a little more accountability on behalf of the Store or Regional Managers, because I can say with unequivocal certainty that at any given time you will find a minimum of 30% illegal immigrants in the ranks of the Day Laborers found in the lounges and parking lots of Home Depots throughout Southern California.
    For all of the good Home Depot does with community involvement (I was especially impressed with how they helped a local employee rebuild the home her deceased parents left to her and her younger siblings this past Christmas), I will be unable to see past the companyÂ’s support of illegal immigration though lax corporate policy regarding the Day Laborer issue.
    Thank you for your response and have a nice day.
    Best Regards,
    Christopher O. Lloyd
    Now, do I expect them to make a change on policy based upon this? No, but if any of you fockers are sitting there bored, it only takes a short while to throw something together in an email. Maybe it's just a case of the left hand not knowing with the right is doing. It's possible, though not probable, that Corporate (I believe in Atlanta GA) thinks of unemployed citizens when they think "Day Laborer". Not living out here in the west where that term is synonomous with illegal immigrant, perhaps they really believe they aren't supporting illegal immigration. Take a second and let em know what those lounges and dirty bastards in the parking lot really mean to our communities.
    Chris

Forkin' Crazy
    You are right to a point. Then you can also blame the employers for hiring illegals.
    I can't find good help. The small town that my business is located close to has at least 40% unemployment. That is including people that don't/won't work and draws gov benefits. Very few of the high school kids will work during the summer. I worked every summer!!!
    BTW Dawson farms is located close to here. I understand they are from CA. They have nothing but Mexicans working for them that were driven here in buses and are staying in the "old" old folks home.

Steve 1
    Flat Broke well done !!!

Waist Deep
    We'll go over this time and time again and nothing will get done!! Friggin Bush needs the Mexican votes therefore he will cater to Fox and the rest of them. Trespassing is Trespassing and those with balls should do something about it.
    You cant ask a Mexican for their papers because that is being racist. F=== this!!! Soon they will keep pumpin out them illegal babies until their population is larger than all others. Their goal is to take California back. BEWARE. Oh, BTW, we are paying for these babies from birth til graduation from a superior college they were admitted to based on race. Don't call me racist, because my wife is hispanic as well.
    For those who say whites wont work, I've lost many contracting jobs because the minorities get a 5% break on gov. bids. Fair, I think not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast