Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying a used boat

wantacat
    What should i look for? Whats considered low hours? Im looking at an 03 with 30hrs on the boat.

racecar.hotshoe
    What should i look for? Whats considered low hours? Im looking at an 03 with 30hrs on the boat.
    Thats low!

burtandnancy
    Thats one of the many criteria you need to consider...

phebus
    If you don't know, and are serious about a particular boat, it would be worth the small investment to have a quality shop check it out for you. 30 hours is low, but as mentioned, there are many things to consider.

CBLavey
    30 is very low...really not truly broken. A good mechanic can tell you how those 30hrs were actually put on the engine - rpm, temp, etc.

undertaker
    My Donzi 33ZX which I have for sale has 85 hrs which IMO is low :smile: :squiggle:
    Underatker

ryantparks
    take that advice from the guys and have it checked by a mechanic.
    I bought an 02 with 30hrs on it and it had a cracked head, I wasnt smart enough to take it to a mechanic just thinking that it looked brand new, started up in the guys driveway and idled fine and I thought that it would be under warranty. I was wrong! The dealer told me that since I was the 2nd owner that it wasnt transferable but then again the dealer in the S.F valley is very respectable.
    Do yourself a favor and have it checked out, the seller shouldnt care.

hoolign
    I find "floating" to be up there on my list!

surfer2001
    Do you know what kind or style of boat you want. There a lots of different hull designs to choose from. Performance, Family, Wake, Deck, Party, Cat, Pontoon. What will you do most of the time? If you have no experience go, for rides, test drive as many as you can. Also where you use it should have some influence on your decision, river, or lake or both. Havasu has gotten a lot rougher recently, 24 foot is the starting point now.

AirtimeLavey
    I just bought a used boat a couple mos ago, and took it to Quality Marine Perf. in Corona. Uncovered some minor maintenance issues, but still glad I discovered that before the final deal. Also, important to take a test drive. You want to get a good look at the trailer, too. Check it out, after you drop the boat in the water for the test drive, so you can see the condition of the rails. Also, does it conform to new sound laws?
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast