Thread: Any recommendations for careers in the boating industry?

SeaYa
    I graduated from college about 5 years ago and I'd really like to get a job in the boating industry. My degree/background is in mechanical engineering and I have a decent job making good money, but all I think about is boats. To be really successful you have to love what you do so my best shot would be to somehow work in this industry. I don't have any professional experience related to boating but I spent all of my off time during college working retail sales at a West Marine. Any help or recommendations from everybody would be greatly appreciated. (career paths, good companies, etc.)

hoolign
    I think RD id looking for a designated driver

PHOTOGLOU
    Where do you live?????????????????????????????

RiverDave
    I graduated from college about 5 years ago and I'd really like to get a job in the boating industry. My degree/background is in mechanical engineering and I have a decent job making good money, but all I think about is boats. To be really successful you have to love what you do so my best shot would be to somehow work in this industry. I don't have any professional experience related to boating but I spent all of my off time during college working retail sales at a West Marine. Any help or recommendations from everybody would be greatly appreciated. (career paths, good companies, etc.)
    Do you know Solid Works or Pro Engineer? I might have some part time modelling / engineering work for you. (designing billet boat parts)
    RD

SeaYa
    Where do you live?????????????????????????????
    I'm in Jersey, but I would move in a second. No relocation assistance necessary

SeaYa
    Do you know Solid Works or Pro Engineer? I might have some part time modelling / engineering work for you. (designing billet boat parts)
    RD
    I'm a whiz on autocad. My current company should be getting solidworks in the next month, so I'll have that under my belt shortly. I've designed and machined a ton of prototype parts for medical, military, and space applications.

IN2MX
    Contact Photoglou on the boards or Aaron at Absolute Marine in Lake Havasu, Az......
    Great company to work for and you are in paradise...

Jordy
    I also seem to recall that Trident is always looking for people and it seems to me that blank slates are better.

AZKC
    Sales