Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: When will jet boaters get a clue?

K3-River-Rat
    Slim Shady:I think there is a slight difference between someone "painting" some parts and polishing up some chrome to earn a trophy at the circus than a full on custom fabricated Jesse James. Passing off using jigs like Harley's aren't mass produced.Silm Shady, If you actually knew some of the history behind the Harley Davidson Motor Co. you would be aware of the fact that if it wasn't for a huge Harley inthusiast that was a top executive at AMF that conviced AMF to purchase the Harley Davidson Motor Co. back in the late 60s there would NOT be a Harley Davidson Motor Co. TODAY! Before AMF bought it and spent "millions" of dollars on research and development to mass produce the parts to build the motorcycles, they were built ONE at a time by hand and the parts were "fitted" to each individual bike! wink The SAME exact way that Jessie James is building his West Coast Choppers motorcycles! Go do some "homework" THEN come back and we will compare notes when you have SOME idea of what the **** you are runnin your mouth about I "REALLY" like your avatar of your OL'LADY in the pool "NICE TOUCH" OH, and your "signature" says it all. THAT ain't NO SHIT!
    Alcoleholic:
    WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND THERE???.........................Anyway, not to defend the ol' Shtannnk Bung. Your bikes dont look or will ever compare to WCC. So give a little respect to WCC's bikes before you go spitten' off at the mouth how easy it is to build a custom chopper!! Your bikes look like piglets compared to there's.If you go back and read a bit closer from the TOP when Dossangers and I had our "own" conversation going on, I DID say West Coast Choppers build some kick ass bikes! I also said if an experienced person was given the same tools equipment and "money" as what WCC has been set up with that they could do the same thing! WHAT are bikes made of?? Bent tubing and machined steel that is welded together!! BIG DEAL, Custom is ANY kind of an idea,vision etc. and being able to make the idea into reality. IS WCC casting their own motor cases cyls,heads,trans cases,and all the internal parts that go inside of them with their OWN engine and transmission design and patent? NO there NOT They are using "HARLEY DAVIDSON" motors and tranmissions!!! I REST my CASE that what WCC is NOT doing anything TOO over the top!! I didn't see but ONE other person post a pic of a bike that they had put together from the BARE FRAME UP!!! I don't give a damn WHO bent the tubes and welded the joints together to make the frame itself!! All you guys that want to talk SHIT "where are the bikes YOU have put together????? PUT UP or SHUT UP!! Sounds to me like a bunch of jealous assholes either because you couldn't do it yourself if you HAD to, or you just don't like the fact that there ARE other people in the world that CAN do the same kind of wok as WCC if given the SAME resources!!!! WCC is "OVER" rated and his prices are TOO high!
    [ October 23, 2002, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

Jordy
    K3-River-Rat:
    Sounds to me like a bunch of jealous assholes...
    (took the liberty to do some editing)
    WCC is "OVER" rated and his prices are TOO high! This thread has gotten out of hand and I am not going to be one to throw more fuel on the fire. I just saw these two statements that seemed rather contradictory to me.
    Jesse James is the hottest custom bike builder in the world right now. Getting upwards of $80,000 for a bike and closer to $100,000 for some of the higher end models? Hell, I'm jealous and I have never tried to build a bike and yes, I can weld and fabricate.

K3-River-Rat
    If all you guys that want to talk shit because you can't do this kind of work yourself will take a good look at the pic of when it was wrecked you will see that the frame is "already" chrome wink I tore the bike down to the bare frame 6 months after I bought it to make some changes The bike was torn down "several" times to make changes until I got it how I wanted it

K3-River-Rat
    jordanpaulk:This thread has gotten out of hand (I took the liberty of doing some editing here myself) [/b] Jordy,I couldn't agree with you more wink This whole deal started out with dossanger and myself discussing bikes last Sat.when it was pretty quiet on here. I just gave dossanger "my" oppinion about WCC and the next thing ya know it had turned into a cluster****. We are all intitled to our own oppinion and with you having knowledge of welding & fabrication I would think you would have to agree that if somone turned you loose in a full blown fab.shop with every last piece of equipment you could ever immagine and an "unlimited" expense account that you could make some pretty bad ass toys I would just love to have that opportunity I could show the guys that were knocking my capabilities a thing or two and shut them up "real" quick
    [ October 22, 2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

K3-River-Rat
    MAXIMUS:
    HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME "WHAT THE F*@K" HAPPEND TO V-DRIVES VS JETS!!!!!!!!!!! I WASN'T DONE YET!!!!!! So......... Bung what kind of vagina u runnin in that cole wannabe??? Do tell Well MAXIMUS, do you "honestly" think that there is a "fair" comparison between V-drves and JETS? I ran jets for several years here in the midwest since MOST people from the midwest have never even heard of a V-drive let alone seen one or have had the opportunity to even "drive" one! Finding a V-drive in the midwest is kind of like seeing palm trees along Lake Shore Drive in Chicago! NOT I "finally" had the opportunity to pick up an 86 Sanger runner bottom flat recently after searching for one around this area for over 15 years! After driving it for the first time anyone would realize that these two boats are from two "different" worlds eek! I was completely impressed with the torque and thrust the V-drive has in comparison to a jet (and I didn't put all that much horsepower in it) That's almost like putting a big block LS6 70 Chevelle SS up against a Honda Civic at the drag strip! The jet I currently still own I purchased from a local professional dragboat racer with a blown 468 big block Chevy and it's NO slouch by any stretch of the immagination! wink I can tell from only getting to drive the V-drive the one time (and I froze my ass off to do that!) This V-drive is going to eat my jet for lunch after I get it set up the way I want it! In all HONESTY what's to compare?

MAXIMUS
    [ In all HONESTY what's to compare? [/b][/QB][/QUOTE]
    Im at a loss for words...lol Guess there isn't much to talk about now

MAXIMUS
    Hey how bout them ANGELS.......

K3-River-Rat
    K3-River-Rat:
    In all HONESTY what's to compare? MAXIMUS:
    Im at a loss for words...lol Guess there isn't much to talk about now MAXIMUS, don't worry about not having an ongoing dispute between V-drives VS jets I'm sure there are enough jet guys out there that have not had the opportunity to drive a V-drive that are going to want to continue the argument wink Hell I KNOW I have a fast jet, but after buying the Sanger there's no way I would argue that my jet is faster than my V-drive One of these days the jet guys will get the chance to go for a blast in one of them V-drives and it will be quite a "wake up" call for them

MAXIMUS
    K3.... sir I have a friend with a sanger runner bottom 13-1 468 with roller & 22 gears... I have a friend with a cole tr-2, 600 inch ford 25 gears. Both are very impressive. eek! I also have a friend with at twin turboed 468ci 20' schiada, & with a twin turboed 572ci 21'vector. That being said I'll stick to my oversized jet. Sure I have good power... but I also have a very nice riding boat with plenty of durability. Not just fer going fast! By the way both of the turbo boats are not fast enough! But still respectable for 21' v-drives wink I would much rather have my 5 seat jet then a 2 seat surf board!

K3-River-Rat
    MAXIMUS:
    K3...(that's better ) I have a friend with a sanger runner bottom 13-1 468 with roller & 22 gears... I have a friend with a cole tr-2, 600 inch ford 25 gears. Both are very impressive. eek! I also have a friend with at twin turboed 468ci 20' schiada, & with a twin turboed 572ci 21'vector. That being said I'll stick to my oversized jet. Sure I have good power... but I also have a very nice riding boat with plenty of durability. Not just fer going fast! By the way both of the turbo boats are not fast enough! But still respectable for 21' v-drives wink I would much rather have my 5 seat jet then a 2 seat surf board! I hear what you're saying MAXIMUS I can't decide whether I want to sell my jet or not? I really have no idea as to why they even bothered to put those rear seats in the V-drive Anyone attempting to sit back there is going to get burned up by the headers and I would think that sitting that close to a high peformance engine is a bit TOO close for comfort if that thing were to come apart for some reason! eek!
    [ October 23, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]