Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: When will jet boaters get a clue?

K3-River-Rat
    MAXIMUS:
    K3....(that's better ) I have a friend with a sanger runner bottom 13-1 468 with roller & 22 gears...How does this one run (specifically) That is similar to the set-up I will be running after I get the 48 gears changed over to 22s (maybe even smaller) I found that the 48s that are in it now are TOO much gear for the small river we have to boat in...

dossangers
    Maximus are you the one that was making all the noise at parker week of sept 17 your boat blue tied up at foxs? you were cruising at night?

MAXIMUS
    Yes that was me at night We were up there testing & enjoying the v-drive regatta. That is one of my favorite events... lots of cool boats & great people. Unfortunatly the cole tr2 was not back together in time & the sanger got "thrown" back together maybe a little to fast & suffered b.s. problems. The sanger is a really beautiful boat from the 70's. I helped my fiend, who inhereted the boat from his father in law who passed away, "restore" it for lack of better word. It is a really classy looking ride. A good friend of mine Grich is an old circle racer & is currently helping get it dialed in. We moved the engine foward 2" & shortend prop shaft. The boat is a rocket right now but a little unpredictable.
    runs 7800 rpm with the old 18's. Not sure about the 22's.

MAXIMUS
    K3 I have also been told that caution needs to be taken with these hulls. Grich has been real adiment about taking it one step at a time! This boat seems to need a lot of down pedal in order to make it set? We are currently working on the cav plates & hardware to help increase leverage. Prop seems to have good slip, which is good! If you need dimentions or more info let me know!
    max the jetboat guy

MAXIMUS
    Dossangers who were you? Did I meet you?

dossangers
    MAXIMUS:
    Dossangers who were you? Did I meet you?I helped you guys tie up one night at foxs my boat was yellow injected sanger hydro i was always the last one out. do you know the guy with orange white eliminater blown 19'' i raced him mon night??

dossangers
    MAXIMUS [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/~AUT0010.JPG[/img]

MAXIMUS
    Lol... believe it or not, jet boat guys don't always know each other. Yes I remember your ride. Very nice piece! Who was the fella in the blue & white blown sanger with zoomies?? He was trying to get me to schedule a race at 11:30 at night after a few to many! I do enjoy the liquid egos & horse power that developes... after some serious bench racing & cocktails... Next time we will have to meet in person!

MAXIMUS
    What the hell must that thing feel like???
    That is a really beautiful ride amigo!!!

dossangers
    I also have a family cruiser 24 sanger/spectra for cruising. but i have to get out and run that boats the most fun ive ever had its such a great feel stabil but siting that low is rad i had greg shoemaker set the boat up and teach me how to drive it he said the more you drive it the slower it goes he said 160 starts to feel good that thing always wants more im turning it almost 9 grand! greg gave me the prop off his race boat showtime i have a 2 speed but 150 on the river aint gonna work im running 18 gears so i can leave hard on jets and flats ill be back next year for sure ill give you a ride!!!