Thread: cheyenne cat

Cheyenne19
    Does anyone know anything about cheyenne boats out of oklahoma, I bought one this spring and I am just finishing it up?

Originally posted by Cheyenne19:
    Does anyone know anything about cheyenne boats out of oklahoma, I bought one this spring and I am just finishing it up?
    Jimmy Johnson built a bunch of cheyenne copies but I don't think he ever called them cheyennes. I copied one of his copies and built a few myself. Several of my friends run them. some of them run good.

Cheyenne19
    You said you copied one, and made some. How do yours run? I have heard that Tom Papp can do some work on one to get it to run.

TE081
    Tom Papp is the best out there! He will get that boat running! I would also recommend his boats for anyone thinging about one! Originally posted by Cheyenne19:
    You said you copied one, and made some. How do yours run? I have heard that Tom Papp can do some work on one to get it to run.

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by okiedave:
    Originally posted by Cheyenne19:
    Jimmy Johnson built a bunch of cheyenne copies but I don't think he ever called them cheyennes. I copied one of his copies and built a few myself. Several of my friends run them. some of them run good.
    Dave's runs very fast. Do not need Papp to work on it if Dave builds it.

revndave
    ALL OF PAPPS RUN GREAT!

yes, Tom Papp is a legend when it comes to knowing how to make a boat go fast. One time at a race at Bluewater on the parker strip in '92 when I worked for Gary Kincaid's shop in Havasu, Tom was kind enough to give me a couple of pointers on my setup. I was running a Youngblood tunnel at the time. BBF, 10 second boat, couldn't get it to go over a hundred. it was lifting the suction pc. out of the water at around a hundred.