Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To Droop Or Snoot A Big Boat

Ken F
    >If memory serves though, didnt you end up with a droop in the end?? Man, between you and squirtcha i dont know whose worse with the snoot exageration.<
    No, actually your memory is as backwards as you are. Went from a droop to the snoot, and THAT is where I picked up the mph.

Sanger Jet
    I just had Duane add a snoot.........If it ever stops raining I will get to try it.

LVjetboy
    Chet posted: "Call mpd...since your hardware came from there..."
    Say what? Say it isn't so.
    jer

BK
    Whats the differance between the snoot American Turbine sellsAT Snoot (http://www.americanturbine.com/)
    and the one HTP sells?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0143-med.JPG

flat broke
    Whats the differance between the snoot American Turbine sellsAT Snoot (http://www.americanturbine.com/)
    and the one HTP sells?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_0143-med.JPG
    To the best of my knowledge, the AT snoot isn't compatible with Berk/Dom/Legend diverters/nozzles. It has a ball instead of a socket like the snoot that HTP sells.
    Chris

Sanger Jet
    To the best of my knowledge, the AT snoot isn't compatible with Berk/Dom/Legend diverters/nozzles. It has a ball instead of a socket like the snoot that HTP sells.
    Chris
    HTP makes a far better product.......in both looks and design.

Duane HTP
    Reading something Chet writes always reminds me of an old proverb.
    "A fool finds no pleasure in understanding, but delights in airing his own opinions" Proverbs 18:2.
    Flat Broke is right. The ATJ uses it's own diverter or nozzle and works well with a little modification. The Snoot does the same thing, only you can use your Place Diverter, Dominator, Aggressor or Berkeley nozzle with it. I now have the first cast Snoots in hand. I'm pleased with the way they turned out so far. The machine shop is now in the process of writing the CNC program to start machining them soon.

jdf
    you the man duane keep up the great work

ChetCapoli
    PLACECRAFT 20, . This winter Garry Snow ( SDB-069 ) did some work on by boat. One of the things he did was to straighten and true-up the bottom running surface. He told me he was very supprised that the droop did not give my boat any performance gains. Best of luck to you. TJ
    You mean the promoter didn't fix the bottom of your boat BEFORE having you spend all that money with him??? WOW is all i can say. That is like the number one thing to do before anything else..... talk about throwing your good money on top of bad.... He saw you coming boy!
    very surprised eh??? Guess he'll be on the snoot bandwagon before long...... better get em before the promoter runs out! Going, going gone as they say! LMAO!! Funny how american turbine has had this out for years and you hardly see them but yet the droops are all around. Again i say....why is that???? Does someone besides the support group know???
    CHET

ChetCapoli
    Chet posted: "Call mpd...since your hardware came from there..."
    Say what? Say it isn't so.
    jer
    Yeap i said it allright! Good advice no?? This promo..i mean board is all about good advice and I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't go the snoot route! At least you dont see any of his boats with snoots on them or do ya?? Again why is that??? Funny how a couple years changes things eh?? Give us an "M', give us a "P", give us a "D"...what that spell!!! MPD!!! LMAO!!
    CHET

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast