Thread: Regarding Mike Neuharth

rrrr
    Another racer has left us. I just wanted to express a few thoughts to the boat racers here.
    I have the priviledge of working on an Indycar crew, and the last three years I have assisted in strapping in my good friend on race morning at the Indy 500. Standing on the front straight of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on race morning like others have done for almost a hundred years is very humbling.
    Like you, the boat racers, I love the experience of being part of racing. However, I have found out over the last few years that nothing is more dangerous than the challenge of boat racing. I came into this sport by buying a Howard flattie from a guy in LHC. The day I left Dallas to pick up my boat, Lance Faulkner died in a crash.
    My sport is dangerous; last December a promising young kid named Tony Renna died in a crash while testing at Indy. Yet, in the last year, several boat racers have lost their lives. I know from personal experience that each one of these losses affect all of you in a profound way.
    I guess the message I'm trying to send is that every one of those lost deeply affects me because I know how difficult the death of a friend and competitor is to absorb.
    I wish to personally extend my sympathies to each and every one of you that knew Mike as a friend and a competitor. Go to the next race, line up, and push the button. Mike would have wanted that.

dmontzsta
    Great post Ron.
    God Bless him and his family, I dont know how many times we have to see posts like this, I guess God wants more great people in heaven.

Ex PSI Canyon
    It's not very often you see something like that happen in Pro-Mod, especially when 2 of them crash in the same run. I stood there in shock after I got done running shortly before him in disbelief. His family is in our prayers.
    Matt Brown Quickshot 619

CircleJerk
    Sad News, thanks for posting.