Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My computer is winning the argument

MagicMtnDan
    Hey FM, did you get a boat yet?
    (Just kidding - figured I'd share the love I get around here )

FMluvswater
    Hey FM, did you get a boat yet?
    (Just kidding - figured I'd share the love I get around here )
    Nope still boatless! LOL! At least you've a better chance remedying your boatlessness than I do. I'll just keep admiring everyone else's and enjoying the boating pics.

MagicMtnDan
    Still raining up your way? I was just in Seattle for three days - rain, rain, rain.

FMluvswater
    Still raining up your way? I was just in Seattle for three days - rain, rain, rain.
    There's a yellow glow that looks suspiciously like sunshine today.

phebus
    To do a disc clean, go to my computer, and right clik on C drive. Click on properties, and it will bring up disc clean.

FMluvswater
    To do a disc clean, go to my computer, and right clik on C drive. Click on properties, and it will bring up disc clean.
    Thank-you. I appreciate the tip. I haven't ever accessed it that way before - usually get to it through Start Menu>All Programs>Accesories>System Tools. Do you happen to know how I can access the Scan Disk that finds and fixes bad sectors if there are any?

Scream
    First copy all data (not program) stuff to cd's. They're cheap. Check to make sure you can access the info on them, then delete the files from your computer. try to get to at least 30% free and do the cleanup stuff. Scandisk on xp, I get there by going to start, my computer, local drive c:, properties, Tools, scan for errors...I looked and your right,there's not a command sub directory in the windows folder.
    If you can't get to it by the aformentioned means, leme know and I'll think of something else...we've gotta keep you goin...
    But by all means, make some space on that HD, that'll go along way to clearing up your problems...
    Scream

phebus
    When you open that clean disc up, it gives you the option (check box) to scan for bad sectors. It takes a while.

FMluvswater
    My apologies phebus I did find the scan disk the same way you said but under the tools tab not general. I didn't look through all the tabs the first time. Thank you both phebus and Scream. The combined info helped me find the elusive scandisk yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12