Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices

Hardly Satisfied
    OUCH Just filled up my truck , F**K spent 110.02 for 35.05 gallons . This Sucks . 42 cents for state and federal road tax :cry:

Jyruiz
    It is going to come down some, read about it here. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060425/...5DVFw4JPU8rowC ;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)

Hardly Satisfied
    Another way Bush is screwing the people . Every summer we suffer with high prices

OCMerrill
    A 30% price spike in just 3-4 mo's is plain crazy. I don’t know of another commodity that does this and Oil never used to. Just because they can is plain F'd but that’s the money way. Demand of trading - Drives price - Based on hype from every little excuse.
    How friggen important can Iran's oil be? It's the scare tactic that's important. Keep the hype going another day.
    I don't think we will ever see anything under $2.50 again and $3.00 just might be the new Price point. I just paid $3.29 for diesel on south OC yesterday. Three bobtails running around all day...I feel it.
    Record profits...In my business I am still trying to figure out how to get these. My business costs (Fuel- one example) keep knocking me down.
    Have to start thinking of fuel protection soon. This wave of theft will surely rise.

a catered life
    first they stick it to us in the hinne and then smack us in the face and give the ceo of exxon a retirement package worth $138 million wtf :yuk:

572Daytona
    A 30% spike in other commodities isn't that unusual. That's why trading in them can be lucrative but also very risky.
    Here's the recent crude graph:
    http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/BCM.gif
    Here's a graph for gold:
    http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/GDM.gif
    Here's copper:
    http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/CPM.gif
    They are all subject to fluctuation and spikes. Oh and it's definitely all Bush's fault, just yesterday I think I saw him on the trading floor buying up all of the futures and creating a run in the market

CARLSON-JET
    An interesting tidbit,
    In less-developed parts of the world, some countries actually subsidize pump prices to keep them below what the gasoline actually costs to make. China, which recently raised fuel prices, still keeps them well below international market rates. Chinese drivers — and farmers — still pay the equivalent of less than $2 a gallon. As a result, the oil refining industry there is losing billions of dollars. That’s why the Chinese government is expected to continue to try to raise retail prices, while trying to avoid a major consumer backlash.
    The cheapest places are in countries that produce the most oil. Iraq, until recently, pump prices were capped at 10 cents a gallon. Prices have risen to 40 cents a gallon. Iran also keeps pump prices low — less than 35 cents a gallon, according to a recent Reuters survey.
    But for a real bargain, drive on down to Venezuela, where President Hugo Chavez has made a name for himself lately by delivering heating fuel to low-income American families at bargain prices. In Venezuela, you’ll pay just 12 cents a gallon to fill your tank

TexasJet
    It is going to come down some, read about it here. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060425/...5DVFw4JPU8rowC ;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)
    There will be no new refineries built in the U.S. anytime soon. Between the regulations, impact studies, enviromentalists, permits required and local protest groups the oil companys wouldn't have a chance in hell. Bush is just running his mouth, and I voted for him so I can say that. The oil companys figured out it is cheaper to upgrade 4 existing refineries than try to build one new one. I agree we are being screwed by big oil. But to some extent we are screwing ourselves. I'm not going to get into all the issues like different blends of gas for different areas and carpooling and on and on. I will say one thing. I'm in the engineering business and the oil companys are pouring a lot of money into expansion and modernization. Our business is jamming, we are hiring a lot of new people and the competition is fierce. So in one respect the money we pay at the pump is going back into the economy. That makes it hurt a little less to pay $3.10 for 93 octane in Houston.

Havasu Hangin'
    AThey are all subject to fluctuation and spikes.
    Where your logic goes south is that the oil companies retail outlets raise prices on the gas in the ground at the stations, but it will take alot longer for the higher priced barrel of oil to be refined and in the ground.
    It's call "gouging". Are we really that stupid? That is the real question.

TexasJet
    Where your logic goes south is that the oil companies retail outlets raise prices on the gas in the ground at the stations, but it will take alot longer for the higher priced barrel of oil to be refined and in the ground.
    It's call "gouging". Are we really that stupid? That is the real question.
    I agree with the logic statement. Even worse, most oil companys have contracts signed months in advance to buy X barrels at Y price. Not much oil is bought on the "spot market" by the major oil companies. I have read in the past that congress is "going to look into the price gouging issue" and nothing ever comes it. I don't think we are stupid, just powerless as individuals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast