Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino Purchase

RiverIndo
    Lookin at some of them rhino's back east. Has anyone in Cali bought from Out of state? If so did the DMV ding ya for sales tax. I was lookin at Altusmotorsports. They said for the green 660 would be 8680 OTD but shipping to me maybe round 700. So i can get a green 660 for just under $9400. Good deal. unless CA wants their money then I Might try to strike a deal with a local dealer and get them to come down and just have it all done here. Let me know if anyone has done this. Thanks again for any help.

sigepmock
    I bought out of state but Registered it in AZ. No sales tax.
    CA will ding you for it if you register it in CA as new. If it's used you can get away with a lower sale price on the pink slip transfer if the sellar doesn't mind, but either way you pay CA sales tax.
    Good luck,
    Chris

shadow
    You are going to have to pay tax somewhere,Either it is back east or when you take it to DMV to register it.
    I bought mine in vegas and paid the tax there.When i brought it to my DMV they said tax has already been paid so i was ok.But if i hadn't paid i would have been charged.

shadow
    I bought out of state but Registered it in AZ. No sales tax.
    CA will ding you for it if you register it in CA as new. If it's used you can get away with a lower sale price on the pink slip transfer if the sellar doesn't mind, but either way you pay CA sales tax.
    Good luck,
    Chris
    New or used?

cnj
    I recently bought a green 660 from out of state. $9300 to my door. If you plan on using it in Cali, you will need to register it within 10 days of purchase, otherwise penalties will apply (ask me how I know). Yes the DMV will hit you for taxes. They will also require a VIN verification on the unit, and they may send you to the CHP for that (ask me how I know that too). It has been a pain, but I still saved about $450 over the best price I got locally. Good luck!

sigepmock
    New or used?
    Ours was new but already registered so we got it used as far as the title goes.

Cole Trickle
    Ours was new but already registered so we got it used as far as the title goes.
    I still haven't registered mine.... :220v:
    Do I need the unit in AZ to register it? (I don't care if it's street legal)

RiverIndo
    I recently bought a green 660 from out of state. $9300 to my door. If you plan on using it in Cali, you will need to register it within 10 days of purchase, otherwise penalties will apply (ask me how I know). Yes the DMV will hit you for taxes. They will also require a VIN verification on the unit, and they may send you to the CHP for that (ask me how I know that too). It has been a pain, but I still saved about $450 over the best price I got locally. Good luck!
    CNJ If ya don't mind me askin, where'd ya get yours at and what did ya pay the DMV for the taxes. Want to see if the total you paid with taxes through cali if I can get a stealership to cut down there price to match what I would pay from out of state with taxes in Cali. Thanks for the replies All. :wink:
    what I actually meant was did you pay taxes on the bill of sale only right not the shipping. And was your shipping bout 700 to your door?

sigepmock
    I still haven't registered mine.... :220v:
    Do I need the unit in AZ to register it? (I don't care if it's street legal)
    OH SHIZNIT!!!! Yes AZ required a VIN verification since our's came from Utah. Not sure where your's was registered. Let me know if you want me to drag yours out there one week for the inspection, you can do the rest from CA.

Cole Trickle
    OH SHIZNIT!!!! Yes AZ required a VIN verification since our's came from Utah. Not sure where your's was registered. Let me know if you want me to drag yours out there one week for the inspection, you can do the rest from CA.
    Mine came from Oregon or Utah?
    So I can have it inspected and then handle the rest from CA?(I want to register it in AZ to avoid paying Sales tax)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast