Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City Council On The Channel

Not So Fast
    I'm surprised no one has reported on the meeting our city council had this week. They are starting early this year on the "behavior in the channel" with one council woman declaring "shut the whole thing down". Then cooler heads prevailed I guess, but the talk of having one boat to a mooring station and ONE WAY traffic seems to be in favor of most of them. I think they will do like they have with the carbon monoxide deal and enforce as needed (one way traffic), especially on big weekends, crap, every weekend is big now. We'll see! NSF

Stealth Marine
    I'm surprised no one has reported on the meeting our city council had this week. They are starting early this year on the "behavior in the channel" with one council woman declaring "shut the whole thing down". Then cooler heads prevailed I guess, but the talk of having one boat to a mooring station and ONE WAY traffic seems to be in favor of most of them. I think they will do like they have with the carbon monoxide deal and enforce as needed (one way traffic), especially on big weekends, crap, every weekend is big now. We'll see! NSF
    Thats the problem with them, you have to keep a CLOSE eye on them everytime they meet or they slip something like this in on you when your not paying attention.

shueman
    They were dropped by their insurance carrier due to the CO deal. You watch, they will put footbridges across, south of the resorts, and effectively shut it down to the party animals.

Not So Fast
    I would be willing to bet that there will be some sort of regulation to control the channel before the end of this season. There has been too much talk of it to not have something go down, like I said "we'll see" NSF

Ultrafied
    I would be willing to bet that there will be some sort of regulation to control the channel before the end of this season. There has been too much talk of it to not have something go down, like I said "we'll see" NSF
    I think you're right. Spring Break isn't helping either. Every time I've been there for the last 3 weekends, a lot more of the kids are getting hooked up for either underage drinking or public intoxication. It just seems that the number of incidents is increasing and it's noticeable.

Keith E. Sayre
    Every lake in the country is fighting for the tourist dollars and spending tons of cash to get folks to go there. We keep chasing everyone away. One of
    these days, we will have ruined a good thing. And this town will go down
    the toilet as quick as it doubled in size recently.
    Will someone please remind the folks that are obviously way out of touch with reality on our city council that this lake is what made this city in the
    desert. And will someone please explain to me why running boats all in one
    direction will help to slow down the amount of underage drinking and nudity
    and disruptive behavior during spring break. Don't they get it? the majority
    of the trouble makers and problem people weren't boaters, they were kids
    visiting from colleges from all over. You can close the channel or run it one
    way and you'd have the same amount of problems but they'll be somewhere
    else in the city or on the lake.
    If you don't like what goes on at the sandbar, don't go there, if you don't like
    what goes on in the channel on big weekends then don't go there. It seems
    simple, I don't really think that I'd like playing bingo at the retirement homes
    or at the senior citizens center, so I don't go there.
    Keith Sayre

Danzo
    I go to Havasu to escape the everyday life of So Cal. My favorite spot to hang is the channel. I am also pursuing the possibility of buying a house in Havasu. I can honestly say that I don't know much about Lake Havasu City's council members but I am very familiar with thier type. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and I am very involved in my community and frequent many council meetings in my city. It usually is very conservative (or liberal) individuals who are older in age, that don't participate in the activities that they often are trying to change. With that said, why is it that these people are trying to condemn the very thing(s) that put this city on the map? THE LAKE? Pretty soon if you outlaw noise, the channel, the sandbar, copper canyon any every thing else why are people (mostly from So Cal and AZ.) gonna want to visit your TOURIST city? Whats next? No alcohol sales within city limits if you are trailering a boat? No boats that are over 20' in length?
    It seems to me that these city council members need to pull their collective heads out of thier ASSE$ and ask themselves is all the change going to bankrupt thier city?
    I for one would not have a problem in saying FUCQ Havi and buy a house in Bullhead and spend my on water time @ Mohave!

BigDoug
    Well said Kieth and Danzo....... :hammerhea

SDLifesaver
    We just got back from Havasu lastnight and I have been noticing a big change in the crowds over the last few years. Younger, bolder, extreme in every way. I didn't go look for myself, but someone told me they blasted the jump rock off in Copper Canyon? Is this true? I agree with what Keith and Danzo said and I believe the answer to alot of problems would be don't change anything in the city but if you want a cleaner channel then bust all the trouble makers and gross offenders and leave the average joes/janes to keep doing what we have been doing all along. The city will SCREW itself it their not careful. my .02

NOTALENT
    We just got back from Havasu lastnight and I have been noticing a big change in the crowds over the last few years. Younger, bolder, extreme in every way. I didn't go look for myself, but someone told me they blasted the jump rock off in Copper Canyon? Is this true? I agree with what Keith and Danzo said and I believe the answer to alot of problems would be don't change anything in the city but if you want a cleaner channel then bust all the trouble makers and gross offenders and leave the average joes/janes to keep doing what we have been doing all along. The city will SCREW itself it their not careful. my .02
    Nope..the Copper Canyon's rock is still there..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast