Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP I need some good advice

wannajetboat
    I am looking for some good advice on purchasing a new jet boat, I think I have narrowed the manufacturer down but not sure of the options, what kind of pump (mfg), impeller, setback, ride plate? Any advice on these items and more would be greatly appreaciated.

nastyhabit
    dont do it unless your willing to give up your mind, a boat is like a fork in the road SPIN THE DIAL take a chance ,left or right only cost money and only cool people have jets--nasty

wannajetboat
    thanks nastyhabit, Just sold my not so Hot Boat, (18' Searay), definitely going to buy a brand new ride and 99% sure that it is going to be an ULTRA 21LX, just want to make the right choices and any advice would be great.

RandyH
    I think you will be happy with the Ultra. I have John building me a 21 stealth now and I can't wait to take delivery. He has meet all of my requests including getting the pump work done elsewhere and changing things that I had concerns with. Custom Jet Boats is their game for sure.

Infomaniac
    Plenty of good used 21 Ultra jets on trader online. Have been shopping for them myself. Just bought an Ultra Lightning 23sx (not a jet). Most of the folks I talked to said the 21lx jet goes 55 MPH with a big block. This needs to be OK with you. I wanted the Mirage fun deck by J&M Marine. It is way cool family boat and will probably go 65 or 70 with a big block. Could not come up with 36.5K

wannajetboat
    Thought about buying a used boat myself but I really want to put one together with my own colors and equipment. I thought about replacing the 454 with a 496 or 502? Looking for 60 - 65mph range, can I get that with the bigger big block? How about a droop, set back pump and place diverter can I gain anything with these additions?

Infomaniac
    Need to let Ultra answer that one. The folks I spoke with had a marine power 454 in theirs. Engine upgrades are expensive. If you have the bucks go for it. If you are out West call John. I bought mine from Paul at Tri State Ultra 631-724-8707

beached1
    If you are buying used, then all I could add is make sure the boat is full stringered. Also, make sure it's has a pump that is well known and therefore are usually cheapest to buy parts for. Berkley if it were me. Dominator or American Turbine would be my second choice. Hallett, Schiada and Spectra are good hulls used. If new, Ultra/Lightning seem to support the jet community the most for new products IMO.

Infomaniac
    Just remembered my friend Shane at East Coast Ultra Pittsburg PA has a few 21LX's at his place. Maybe has the colors and equip. you are looking for. Call him at his day job 1-800-242-2645

DickDanger
    Definition of BOAT.....Break out another thousand...be careful!!!! -DD out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast