Thread: **SPAM** Complete MSD Ignition for sale

Hey everyone, I have a complete MSD 7AL-2 ststem I no longer need.
    Pro-Billet Crank Trigger Distributor (Crab Cap), Crank Trigger set up for BBC, 7AL-2 Ignition Box, Pro Power Coil, Billet MSD coil bracket, MSD 8mm supression spark plug wires, MSD wiring harness complete.
    All in near perfect/mint condition.
    I spent over $1,100 on this system last year and have moved on to a Magneto setup, so I have no need for it.
    I would like to get $650 for it all ... any takers?
    PM me with questions ...
    Brian

Fiat48
    Without distracting your ad here, I'd like to ask if you moved to a MSD magneto and if ya did.....were you able to put more fuel to it?

Moneypitt
    I've been hearing the same thing Bob, But that was from a Vertex to the MSD. Both mags, just replaced with MSD and a transformer, more more more.............Even in the instructions, more more more.............MP

called msd with my dilemma.454 .030, 8 to 1, 1071, hilborn bug. on gas they told me stick with msd --at 19% over drive with alky --- they told me to go get a 4 amp or over mag. lots of ideas out there. im running for long periods of time so they didnt recommend their mag. --other dilemma is to fit a super mag III behind a mooneyham 1071 with a mooneyham competition intake--what do you think fiat --thanks --steve

Fiat48
    Have always run a mag III. Mallory has always claimed the III has a longer spark duration necessary for alcohol. And the word always was that MSD electronic setups (not msd mags) were too short a spark duration for alcohol. But I never personally played with those. Those new MSD mags seem to be the hot deal for the fuel guys and I would imagine the alcohol car guys also.
    All you can do is run a Dunn offset drive to get a Super Mag behind a 10/71. Pricey item.

Well ... I went back to a Super Mag 4. BBC, 4.310 bore, 4.5 stroke, Alcohol, 1471 retro hi-helix, bird, 110a pump, 12-15lbs of boost. Shooting ducks and hazing fuel down the track w/ MSD. Sent the ignition system to them and they said it was fine. I was looking into going with a larger MSD set up (8 or 10) or MSD Mag but after speaking to numerous different people ... and numerous different opinions, I decided to go back to what I know better ... Mallory Super Mag IV.
    After installing the new Mag, I found out that the problem could have been fixed by simply running a 16v battery. Too late for me though. I had already spent the money and set up the offset drive, wiring, etc.
    Now I am trying to recoop a little bit of the money I spent. We ran this on blown gas w/o any problems at all. BBC, 4.310 bore, 4.0 stroke, Gas, 871, Bird, 80a pump, 30lbs of boost. Ran strong ... real strong.

Fiat ... yes the offset was pricey, and I spoke to Ralph Gorr ... he says the MSD mags are the hot ticket, but I had a line in the Mallory and went for it. He also said I should be able to throw more fuel and boost at it now. The 7 series box he said was not designed for blown alcohol, however, it's enough for the blown gas application.
    BB

fiat--will look more into it.--steve