Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mufflers

charlyox
    Did anybody get hasseled this past weekend for noise?

SCUBA STEVE
    It didnt look like it. Probably 1 out of every 10 boats had mufflers. :jawdrop:

OutCole'd
    I was pretty nervous pulling to Tompson Bay on Saturday. The was LE in front of me about 50' and another behind me about 75' and neither looked my way, and I would guess I am just slightly over the limit with a non muffled 525.
    Then again, I did not have three beer bongs hanging up and 15 peeps dancing on my boat either.

SCUBA STEVE
    I was pretty nervous pulling to Tompson Bay on Saturday. The was LE in front of me about 50' and another behind me about 75' and neither looked my way, and I would guess I am just slightly over the limit with a non muffled 525.
    Then again, I did not have three beer bongs hanging up and 15 peeps dancing on my boat either.
    I thought I saw "my" boat out there. It was just you and your boy right? (assuming that was your boy)

Not So Fast
    Like I have said all along Bill, this is being blown way out of proportion, at least here it is. If you are not acting like an a-hole then you wont be hasseled. NSF

OutCole'd
    I thought I saw "my" boat out there. It was just you and your boy right? (assuming that was your boy)
    Yep, that was me, next time stop by.

SCUBA STEVE
    Yep, that was me, next time stop by.
    Will do, thanks

Essex502
    LE for the most part doesn't care unless you are grossly loud. It is only the BS at the Lake Havasu Marina that is causing any problems in Havasu. There is some informal testing going on at Windsor by the Park Rangers but nothing formal yet. Expect it to be formal in the future but, again, only those that exceed the noise limit by a goodly amount will probably be confronted.
    As DILLIGAF stated - all those factors - background noise from boat motors, music, conversations, banging on the courtesy dock, proximity to the structure supporting the courtesy dock(s), what lane they test you in..etc., etc.,etc. Even time of day (air temp) can affect the noise level. We saw boats tested in lanes 1,2 & 3 a coupla' Friday's ago. Tell me how a boat that passes in Lane #3 (tester on the courtesy dock) @ 86 dB(A) is consistent with the same spec from lane #1.

charlyox
    I'm with you Tom.I don't need to give them a reason to pull me over.When are you headed out to Bullhead for the Laughlin run?

riverracerx
    We launched at the Marina Saturday around 11:00. No one was asking at the guard shack and no one was checking on the ramps? It was still busy too.
    Maybe the db checking guy was in the pooper?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast