Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Cowlings

F&M Custom Cowlings
    Thought I might give you the link to the hottest new item going for customizing the look of your boat engine....
    Check out www.customcowlings.com
    We have covers for the 496Mag/Mag HO and the 350 Mag and 6.2 Mercruiser engines. We have many original designs and colors to match your boat.
    You can also call 866-848-4600
    Check it out and let us know what you think!

dicudmore
    welcome to the forums...
    good luck with your new product. Looks nice
    Personally I'll stick with my boat bling (http://www.boatbling.net) cover. Its already on the boat and T-6 aircraft grade aluminum....

ROZ
    I saw that at the boat show, and it looks good, but think the boatbling cover is a little more pleasing to the eye... But that's me
    Good Luck!

RiverDave
    I can understand dressing up the engine bay a little.. But I don't see how these covers can flow more air then the stock one that's slotted up the yin yang?
    Our custom cowlings are patented to increase air flow through your motor and draw more heat away from the motor than standard or stock cowlings.
    And are you sure "patented" is the right word to be using on that website? Typically if someone is claiming a patent, they usually have a patent # in paranthesis right behind that statement.
    RD <--- noticed the lack of # anywhere on the website

F&M Custom Cowlings
    Yes we have seen those, they look great.
    But don't you have to take the cover off everytime you need to check your fluids?

Cole Trickle
    I visited the booth on saturday and the peices look good.
    The model in the booth looked great!!!

ChumpChange
    I can understand dressing up the engine bay a little.. But I don't see how these covers can flow more air then the stock one that's slotted up the yin yang?
    And are you sure "patented" is the right word to be using on that website? Typically if someone is claiming a patent, they usually have a patent # in paranthesis right behind that statement.
    RD <--- noticed the lack of # anywhere on the website
    All very good questions, wonder if they'll get answered? Get a carb, don't have to worry about covers besides that of your arrestor.

F&M Custom Cowlings
    We appreciate all the response to our posting...
    We do have a pantent pending.
    To make plactic covers stronger they have to make them curved, which actually creates a blanket effect which holds heat right above the manifold. With our covers and there cut outs and not having to have the 1" lip around the outside edge, it allows more airflow across the top of the motor.

Tom Brown
    I could use an alien style cowl for a Merc 280.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Boat Bling, all the way. But then again, they are friends and I've got a 525 so I can't use either of the products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast