Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HERE WE GO AGAIN- drilling for Cr6

Not So Fast
    Seems like this stuff is everywhere, after drilling at the corner of Kiowa & 95 a couple of months ago we were told that the levels were well with in tolerable limits and not to worry Last week I noticed that a new drill site was going about 200 feet south of the same site on 95. Seems that now the powers that be fear the ground water may indeed be contaminated :rollside: And people wonder why we dont trust what we are told. NSF

OutCole'd
    I wonder what it would take to get the tap water at someone's place there in Havasu tested?
    Any Chemist's in the house?

Havasu_Dreamin
    I was curious what that drilling rig on the West side of the 95 was. Incidentally, when leaving Havasu last Sunday, when driving West on the 40, you can see the drilling station up by the bridge in Topock. It's on the CA side North of the bridges.

Ziggy
    I glanced over an article in my local paper, I think it was last week, about a toxic dump site in Utah just a hundred feet or so from the river. Another perk pond of some sort I believe. By the looks I think it was on the shore of Powel.
    Anyone know about this one?

djunkie
    If by some chance the water is contaminated, would a good water filtering system in a house catch it and make it drinkable?

Havasu_Dreamin
    All this leftover stuff from the 50's and 60's when no one knew any better now coming back to haunt everyone.

Essex502
    If by some chance the water is contaminated, would a good water filtering system in a house catch it and make it drinkable?
    I'm not sure but See this (http://www.airwaterbestprices.com/dr...purifiers.html)

havaduner
    I glanced over an article in my local paper, I think it was last week, about a toxic dump site in Utah just a hundred feet or so from the river. Another perk pond of some sort I believe. By the looks I think it was on the shore of Powel.
    Anyone know about this one?
    That is about a bunch of tailings from a uranium mine. There is a fear that if the river in that area where to flood, the river would be contaminated. The EPA has had a budget to clean this up for years, but it was just decided to that all the rubble would be moved 150 miles to the Northeast (away from any water sources.)

Not So Fast
    That is about a bunch of tailings from a uranium mine. There is a fear that if the river in that area where to flood, the river would be contaminated. The EPA has had a budget to clean this up for years, but it was just decided to that all the rubble would be moved 150 miles to the Northeast (away from any water sources.)
    I think that it's called Moab, Utah? how would you like to have the contract to move this stuff, I belive it's in the millions of tons and I would assume have to be moved by a Haz Mat team of Operating Engineers & Teamsters, WOW it will be HUGE :idea: NSF

OutCole'd
    Any updates NSF??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast