Thread: Royal Oak update!

Jetdriver
    Went by the park yesterday while in Kingsburg, what a shame. The place is over grown in weeds, there was a letter at the gate telling all past members that there memberships were now null and void and that if they owed the park money where to send it. Looks like Royal Oak is gone for good! :frown:

Brian Ray
    I heard the owners/management hadn't paid the lease for years....owed hundreds of thousands of dollar's. We had some buddies who had a spot there. At least it will make for a nice day camp area.....
    That only leaves Lindey's Landing and Riverland as places to lunch. Riverland is under new ownership as of 6/04. I guess their making quite a bit of changes....
    Hopefully this year King's will be flowing for Memorial Weekend....

pixrthis
    I thought the place was owned by a company that had a chain of campgrounds but run by the original people. What a shame, the place was really cool, even with the speed limit and ice cold water.

68campbell
    Yeah, I got a letter that said the same thing. I have/had 2 spots.

ChumpChange
    Where is Royal Oak?

Brian Ray
    Where is Royal Oak?
    Off of Hwy 99 in Kingsburg, CA, which is located in the central valley.....River that Royal Oak's is on is the King's River, which only runs from Memorial weekend through Labor Day weekend. Water is fairly cold as the water comes directly from the Sierra Nevada's.....It's not very deep....it's a great place to go if you have a fast flatty....

Jetdriver
    Heres a pic of it now, what a disaster!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...79DSCF0053.JPG

Brian Ray
    Wow, that sucks....
    I wonder who the actual owner/owners are....would be curious to see if their selling. Seems too good of place just to let go to waste..