Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance on performance boats.

cdog
    So if 500 hp and 70 mph is the cut off for for power and speed. Where do you go to when you add a supercharger and how much are your rates? Looks like I have to change my insurance carrier if I step up to a blower.

Bad Puddy Tat
    I ussed Devin Wozencraft with Farmers. He secured my boat insurance with Markel. I had all the bad things going for me Under 26ft, over 1000 HP and a cat hull. Premium is in the $2500 range Give him a call he's a great guy. Let me know if you need a # :hammerhea :hammerhea

Jrocket
    I ussed Devin Wozencraft with Farmers. He secured my boat insurance with Markel. I had all the bad things going for me Under 26ft, over 1000 HP and a cat hull. Premium is in the $2500 range Give him a call he's a great guy. Let me know if you need a # :hammerhea :hammerhea
    1000hp,26ft cat and its in the $2500 range....YOU"VE got to be shittin me.11 moth lay up or what?I pay that much with a 12 month lay up.Whats the deal here?

Bad Puddy Tat
    J Rocket:
    Boat is a 24ft HTM SS24. Been with them for two years now. Due to renew in July. Last year premium actually went down almost $200. No lay up involved. I do have restrictions on a few lakes in the U.S. that if I want to boat on them I have to obtain a waiver. One of those is Mead.
    Talking with Devin recently I guess Markel will not insure a cat under 26ft any more. As well as nothing faster than 120MPH. So far knock on wood it's been all good. As soon as I get my renewal notice I just pay in full don't want to draw any unwanted attention. :idea:

Phat Matt
    1000hp,26ft cat and its in the $2500 range....YOU"VE got to be shittin me.11 moth lay up or what?I pay that much with a 12 month lay up.Whats the deal here?
    I was wondering the same thing.

boxscore
    HEH?... Is that a real quote? You have the policy in hand? Agreed value? If so... how much value?
    Markel quoted me about 4150 with 800hp

Jrocket
    J Rocket:
    Boat is a 24ft HTM SS24. Been with them for two years now. Due to renew in July. Last year premium actually went down almost $200. No lay up involved. I do have restrictions on a few lakes in the U.S. that if I want to boat on them I have to obtain a waiver. One of those is Mead.
    Talking with Devin recently I guess Markel will not insure a cat under 26ft any more. As well as nothing faster than 120MPH. So far knock on wood it's been all good. As soon as I get my renewal notice I just pay in full don't want to draw any unwanted attention. :idea:
    After i wrote my response it sounded as if i was saying your a liar,sorry about that.It was not my intention at all.
    Its just that,Ive been all over the place looking for insurance and its either lie your ass off or pay out your ass.You have no idea on how lucky you are with that price!I wouldnt tell a soul about it,just pay and be very happy....LOL

cdog
    Sounds like 69mph is real cheap. All that money on a blower and you eat it on insurance too. OUCH.

NashvilleBound
    Send me Devins number if you would...I need a quote.

Bad Puddy Tat
    Box Score,
    That's not a quote. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have had the policy for 2 years with my 3rd year renewal coming up. Agreed upon value was $81,500 for boat and trailer. When I originally called Markel direct I got a quote from them for $3250. I don't know how Devin does it, but he has always teated me fair. Iknow that prices have gone up in the last 2 years. I have noidea what I would be quoted if I went today to try and get a new policy. But everyone I have steered to Devin in the past say's he was the best quote around. IMO he's a real stand up guy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast