Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump ?

BK
    Im having to go to an electric fuel pump on my BBC and need to know wich one to go with? Im running a single 850 carb.

PC Rat
    How much horsepower does your engine make?
    I thought that the Edelbrock/Essex fuel pump sounded good, but I have yet to find anyone that's used one.
    Brian

BK
    Around 500hp. I havent heard anything about the Edelbrock/Essex pumps but would be currious to here what people think of them. Ive heard mixed oppinions about the Holley pumps, so im kinda hesitant to go that route unless I here some good stuff. What about the Harding pumps CP sells?

Taylorman
    Aeromotive or Barry Grant

mickeyfinn
    mixed opinion on the holley pumps? Which forum did you get that in? I thought everyone knew they sucked.

superdave013
    This pump won't let you down. Flows enough for both your engine and your buddies. lol Even does not mind getting wet.
    Pressure regulator required.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._chevy-med.JPG

LakesOnly
    Yeah, Holley's are not worth anything.
    I can't confirm whether this is rumor or truth, but last I heard, the CBBB was going to have a Holley Fuel Pump Throw contest. (Inspired by a previous year's incident. )
    LO

This pump won't let you down. Flows enough for both your engine and your buddies. lol Even does not mind getting wet.
    Pressure regulator required.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._chevy-med.JPG
    If you don't end up having to go electric this is the one you want. Here is the link (http://www.claysmithcams.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=221)

Ive had good luck with the aeromotive street rod or street strip (I forget) pump,keeps up with my engine for 1/4 mile passes and its a non-bypass return style.Its in jegs, like 160 bucks. I actually spoke to Aeromotive about this pump, they say its been a great pump with minimal come backs, unlike some of the other non-bypass pumps. The guys at Product engineering say these pumps are hard to keep alive since they are not bypass deals, they quit making this style pump.
    Its not a bad idea to buy an extra pump just in case, if your at the riv and it shits out on you, youll be glad you did.
    I dont know anything about that clay smith deal, but i know superdave is a big fan.
    CS

steelcomp
    I've never had a problem with Holley's. If they were such trash, Holley wouldn't be able to keep selling them. I bet there's more Holley fuel pumps out there than any other electric pump. I run the Black 140 gph on my boat. Three seasons, 670hp. No problems what so ever. I know a guy who feeds all of 800 hp with a Blue 110. No problems what so ever. It's more in the installation. If you run a puny little wire from your battery, all the way up to your dash to a switch, then all the way back to your fuel pump, like most guys do, you'll burn out most any pump. Not because gas is "too dry" (I just love that one), or the pump is a POS, it's just because you don't know anything about electricity or wiring. Wire the pump right, and chances are you won't have any problems. OR...use a good mechanical. The one Superdave shows, or the Edelbrock, Carter, Holley... all make machanical pumps that will give you way more gas than you need. :coffeycup

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast