Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kboat aftermath

After spending 2 days at Billy's shop (after he was re-hired) The boat was finally ready to head to PHX. Billy had the boat stripped of the old names, had the new names painted on it, striped, plumbed, , waxed and polished and ready to go. Super Dave came over and he and Billy made the new fuel lines since we turned the injector hat around. He spent most of the day at Billy's making new lines and the boat looked awesome. Anyone that is looking to purchase fitttings or hose or hose ends should call Super Dave. He has my business!!!! Thanks Dave.
    Bobby B, detailed the boat and the it looked better than new!!
    Allen Bailey of Allen's Fasteners sponsored all of the fasteners for the boat. He chose to use all ARP stuff which is big $$$$$ and he didn't bat an eye. I hopped the fence between his and Bill's shop several times while getting the boat put together. Thanks for the Zip tie sponsorship as well. You really are a nice guy Allen.
    Dave Rankin gave me propellers to use and helped me change the boat from a winning SS boat to a winning Kboat. He really knows how to set up a boat.
    Wayne Herbert was at Billy's almost the whole time I was there helping me with every little project I had while his was 20 feet away needing to be put together.
    Bubby Willton came over and set up the fuel system and tuned the motor to be a monster that doesn't hurt parts. Infinite knowledge of these motors.
    Finally, Billy B- I can't tell you how many hours this guy must have spent coordinating all the things that had to be done to the boat. I can't thank you enough for all your help and knowledge and patience. Soon enough the boat will have a Billy B paint job on it.
    I leave for the race on Weds night. I get into the pits on Thursday and UCLAhater meets me there.
    UCLAhater, probably the most intense person you will ever meet. He is on kill every second of the day when we are racing. The best guy to have on your team and he never complains about any job you give him. He gets things done now! Thanks for the help Jim.
    Flat Stupid- Thank you for your help financially and your help in the pits. Without you we would not be able to do this. Sorry about the "Punking" but you took it real well.
    Joey Grose- Built me a bad ass mofo K motor. Threw a few of his own little trick parts in it and it hauls ass.
    Hud- Thanks for the laughs and the BIG SMOKE. And thanks for the help loading everything up on Sunday. Get ready for red Bluff Hud.
    Caleb, thanks for coming out and helping me with all the little things that add up to big things.
    Gordy, Julian Pettengill, Bob Goettel, Bubby Wilton, Dave Rankin, and Billy B all in the same pit was the best. These guys could sling shit with best of em. It was great to hear the mutual respect they have for one another.
    I know I am forgetting some names right now but I am tired and I am having a hard time focusing.
    We won the two heats on Sunday and the boat is a prize to drive. Thank you to everyone mentioned and those that I didn't I will be adding to the list later.

Snowboat
    Good luck, be safe. I wish I lived closer to California. Firing up the boat tomorrow for Needles, after a number of changes. Hope the weather stays nice enough to not have to drain the block. Looking forward to seeing you all.

uclahater
    My new name for my boat is "Intense Bitch"

tony -sounds like the olden days when all your friends pitched in and loved it.---wish i was there---steve

FlatStupid
    You punkin sob! J/K Thanks for lettin me be a part of it ! The rest of those K-boat dudes better pack a lunch cause K-5 is ready for Chowchilla! :rollside:

HOLY SHIT!! YOU ARE SO READY TO RACE YOU FORGOT ABOUT RED BLUFF!!
    Seriously Craig, thank you for everything. Our pit is hands down the most fun at any race. Even during a thrash not one person got flustered or irritated. People were commenting on how much fun we were having. Great group of people. Looking forward to Needles.

FlatStupid
    Seriously Craig, thank you for everything. Our pit is hands down the most fun at any race. Even during a thrash not one person got flustered or irritated. People were commenting on how much fun we were having. Great group of people. Looking forward to Needles. Red Bluff, Chowchilla whatever, lets tear em up buddy! I'll be test drivin K-5 in Needles so there will be no excuses. Its all good! Say hi to Kelly!

WILDERTHANU
    Billy had the boat stripped of the old names, had the new names painted on it, striped, plumbed, , waxed and polished and ready to go. Super Dave came over and he and Billy made the new fuel lines since we turned the injector hat around. He spent most of the day at Billy's making new lines and the boat looked awesome. Anyone that is looking to purchase fitttings or hose or hose ends should call Super Dave. He has my business!!!! Thanks Dave.
    Bobby B, detailed the boat and the it looked better than new!!
    Allen Bailey of Allen's Fasteners sponsored all of the fasteners for the boat. He chose to use all ARP stuff which is big $$$$$ and he didn't bat an eye. I hopped the fence between his and Bill's shop several times while getting the boat put together.
    Thats sounds like a day of life working @ PRIME MARINE (http://WWW.PRIMEMARINEUSA.COM). Tony it might be time to move back down here, Uplands got your name all over it...

uclahater
    Seriously Craig, thank you for everything. Our pit is hands down the most fun at any race. Even during a thrash not one person got flustered or irritated. People were commenting on how much fun we were having. Great group of people. Looking forward to Needles.
    Thanks for letting me be apart of this :crossx: without the boat there wouldnt be the oportunity for any of us.

Just wanted to say thanks to the k-5 team for the great
    weekend, it was a blast to hangout with you guys. tony
    you put on a great showing of your talent you sure can
    handle that boat looked like you had been driving the
    boat for years. be safe Bob/ Hallett.
    will see you guys at
    needles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast