Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: setback biesemeyer

Instigator
    Doing pumpsetback on 77 biesesmeyer 18 jet. What can I expect, looking for speed increase, any ill effects to ride and handling?

Floored
    don't know anyone that has done it. let me know how it works

NELSON#109
    The Set Back I Did On My Challenger Didnt Do Anything For Performance, Jus Got The Handhole Outa The Boat. I Jus Did A Set Back On My Cp Tunnel, But That Was To Make Room For The Pop-off Valve. Call Jack At Mpd, He Can Give U All The Info U Need, And Will Go Way Out Of His Way To Help.

pops1
    The Set Back I Did On My Challenger Didnt Do Anything For Performance, Jus Got The Handhole Outa The Boat. I Jus Did A Set Back On My Cp Tunnel, But That Was To Make Room For The Pop-off Valve. Call Jack At Mpd, He Can Give U All The Info U Need, And Will Go Way Out Of His Way To Help.You should keep working on your set back. When you move the pump further back, you are also moving the suction point back.That should decrease the wetted surface 4-5 " further back. that should make a change to Efficiency. So I think you are leaving something yet to be completed. The hull should also act larger as you changed the point of thrust further back.

lilrick
    my boat went 61 mph on gps with a panther. I did a pump change to berk/setback and am now at 75 mph!!!!!!!!!!!

Floored
    I meant setback on a Biesemeyer, not many of us around. Kinda odd hull design but I love mine.

Floored,
    You pm'd me a while back, and I replied................You gonna send me those pictures?
    Dan
    Update biesmeyer bottom pics. Different looking animal for sure.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...ser455-med.jpg
    and the pump.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da..._455-1-med.jpg

Floored
    thanks Dan, little odd but what the heck. when just sitting water is above the pump so freeboard challenged fits. when full of people and fuel barely 6" out of water. going to adjust plate to free it up alittle and maybe a wedge. Instigator, yours like this?

It's a really unique design. Kinda sets it apart from all the others. One thing's for sure.................it'd be tough to blueprint. The hardest part of doing mine was fixing all the sharp edges on the strakes. I only had to do two sets or em and one set stopped next to the intake (didn't run all the way to the transom). Still not sure if my strake repairs are going to hold up or not. I've only had it out a couple times since I did em.
    http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/intake_side.jpg

Instigator
    Mine is a regular v bottom jet. A guy around here has one of those runner bottom biesemeyers, porpoises all the time unless he is ON it. Got the intake sent away getting cut for shoe and rideplate right now. Be a couple weeks before I get it back together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast