Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: loader grate.

turbo
    is there such a thing as to much loading.origionally my rig had a rock grate that seemed to work fine, then a friend gave me a semi pro loader. I am told this is not necessary.I installed it, it don't seem to do any good. I am running a 1/2" shoe. some one told me if I want to go fast I souldn't run with any grate at all, but down south here new orleans lots of drift wood this thing may turn in to a wood chipper.

froggystyle
    ALWAYS run a grate. One rock and your jet is toast. Hell, some guy sucked three catfish into his. The loader works best if you ran out of other stuff to do. It is kind of "the next thing" not "the first thing" if you know what I mean.

beached1
    Sorry, I don't know much about jet boats but with PWC you can load a pump too hard which will slow your top speed significantly. Also, running a PWC with no grate doesn't help either. I'm sure the same goes for big jets. The best way to determine how much H2O your pump needs is to talk to a race shop. In thw PWC world and I'm sure the same goes for the jet boatting world, the guy's in your local race shop have tried them all. Also, there are many factors involved in determining the right loader. Horesepower, hull type, etc. Anyway like I said, I don't know much about jet boats so I'm curious, what's a shoe? I've heard people mention this but what is it?

froggystyle
    A shoe is where you machine out the rim that comprises the back of the intake opening, and install a machined piece of aluminum in place of the machined out metal. This aluminum drops down below the level of the intake, and forces water in, as opposed to suction pulling it in. This is usually used in conjunction with a ride plate, which is machined to fit flush with the shoe, and fools the boat into thinking it is 1 1/2 feet longer than it is. This creates hydraulic lift as well I believe. When you combine a shoe, loader grate, droop snoot, Place diverter, 15 deg wedge, you have a fully modified pump, with all of the requisite jewlery. I still have yet to prove any of it (aside from the diverter) does anything, but hey, I just paid to do it again to the new boat.

EDROE
    WHAT IN THE HELL IS A PWC? I thought it was PFD!!

timitunnel
    I think PWC stands for People Without Class or Cash I forget witch!

Bouhone
    PWC= Personal Watercraft

beached1
    Cool! Thanks for the info.

turbo
    Froggystyle, couldnt said it better myself. I have all that stuff but got rid of the wedge and use a place diverter.

beached1
    My last reply cracks me up. I meant to thank Froggy for the info but it looks like it didn't post fast enough. So after timitunnel and edroe started rippin on me it looks like I reply with "gee thanks guy's! Her Her" That's funny. Edroe, Timitunnel or can I just call you "little timi" for short. Edroe? How did you come up with that? Is that what you say to peolple when they ask about your lop sided head? You point to a car and say, "Edroe'd over my head". http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif To assume that I have no class or cash just because I ride a Jet Ski is ignorant. It would be like as if I were to assume that you two were a couple of wussies that got your asses kicked a lot back in high school. And now that you are all grown up and dad handed over the business to you, you went and bought a real boat so you can make all those chicks that turned you down regret it. In addition, you feel you have to rip on other prople to make yourself feel better about your own inadiquacies. That wouldn't be right to assume that of you now would it? I will agree with you that there are far more idiots on PWC than real boats. This is why I have never liked sitdowns. They are too easy to ride (even Edroe could learn how!) and they are cheap, compared to a boat anyway. This allows the type of the riff raff that I'm sure you thought was me, to get on the lake. I don't like it either because I love riding and racing my standup and these people get me a bad rap from boaters like you. I have a boat also and this is why I read this forum. I have always believed that the only sitdowns on the water should have a big block, twelve pack, and a couple sets of silicone in them. You can sink the rest as far as I concerned. So please refrain from grooping me in with the "Gangsta's" that are trying to splash their friends on the dock and spinning 360's out in the middle of the river. I have never.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast