Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Carrera done???

BarryMac
    Is Carrera boats done? I don't see alot about them, no more Regattas, very little advertising, are they getting ready to hang up their hats???

Kilrtoy
    They are with aftershock and they advertise alot.....

Waldo
    I don't think they do boat shows anymore (I didn't go to the LA or OC shows..so my info is dated). The did; however, have a "Not a regatta" last year. Hopefully they'll get one going again for this year.

BarryMac
    I don't think they do boat shows anymore (I didn't go to the LA or OC shows..so my info is dated). The did; however, have a "Not a regatta" last year. Hopefully they'll get one going again for this year.
    Did you goto the notta regatta? I considered it but couldn't fit it into my schedule. It just seems that they are slowly disappearing...

Waldo
    No we didn't...I think we had a wedding on the same weekend last year. Sounded like it would be fun. We will try to make it this year if it happens.

BADBLOWN572
    Carrera did get bought out by Aftershock, but trust me they are not going anywhere. They have a large financial backer behind both companies and they will not go out of business. They advertise a lot, just not in ways that most boat builders advertise. I know that last week I was out at Carrera/Aftershock and they are backordered approximately 10 weeks right now. On average, they have been selling between 6-10 boats a week. There is also talk of a regatta this year, but no details as of yet. If you are curious to see what is going on, stop by their show room. It is the old Corona Motorsports building right off of the 91 freeway.

Kilrtoy
    Wow, owners must be loaded selling 288 to 480 boats a year.....

OutCole'd
    I would think about with the history of the name "Carrera", the name recognition alone would be the reason to keep it alive.

franky
    Wow, owners must be loaded selling 288 to 480 boats a year.....
    I doubt that they sell 6-10 a week all year long. Seasonal.

Mandelon
    They have joint advertising with Aftershock. I see they usually get a full page ad in the boat trader.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast