Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid New Law

topless
    Did any of you hear that starting in July here in California it will be a law that you have to have your headlights on even in in the day? Sounds like just another excuse to give a ticket to me. :idea:

HCS
    Only when it's raining. The state capitol had a suggestion contest.
    That was some ladies idea for a new law and it passed.

GHTRIM
    WTF.. Boy oh boy.... There are some real thinkers in Ca. :idea: Maybe they should require you to ride your brakes so the brake lights will always be on and you'll be more visible?? :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
    Are you sure this is brand new or just the deadline for all new cars to have daytime running lights? I've got a 99 suburban and it has daytime running lights.

HCS
    Yep. It's going to be a new law. Turn on your lights when it's raining or you could get a ticket.

Captain Dan
    Yep. It's going to be a new law. Turn on your lights when it's raining or you could get a ticket.
    From what I read, the law requires you to have your headlights on whenever your winshield wipers are on. This eliminates the argument of what constitutes "rain". The law can be construed to also include heavy mist or fog.
    Whenever the windshield wipers are used....

RitcheyRch
    That's what I heard as well.
    From what I read, the law requires you to have your headlights on whenever your winshield wipers are on. This eliminates the argument of what constitutes "rain". The law can be construed to also include heavy mist or fog.

It was my understanding that the CVC states (and has for decades) you must have your headlights on during "inclement weather". I suppose since most people don't know what "inclement" means anymore, we needed to have a law to clarify a law.

Essex502
    "Beginning July 1, AB1854, authored by state Rep. Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto), will require drivers of any type of motor vehicle other than motorcycles to turn on their headlights when it is necessary to use windshield wipers or when visibility is limited to less than 1,000 feet.
    Not all vehichles at ALL times.

HCS
    Yes, that's more descriptive. I don't use my wipers all the time when it's raining. So am I going to get a ticket? What if there's a cloud burst and I turn on my wipers then turn back off with out using my headlights?
    What a stupid law............. :hammer2:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast