Thread: Question for ROZ or Riverbound

100mbs
    Have you heard of any manufacture building a head unit that has a Hard Drive in it or some sort memory unit that will store MP3's, Wav, etc??
    Something like an IPOD but only in your headunit.
    Thanks..

Party Cat
    I dunno if they still have it...but Sony used to have a unit that had a HD in it.....this was about a year or so ago....

ROZ
    I dunno if they still have it...but Sony used to have a unit that had a HD in it.....this was about a year or so ago....
    PartyCat is right...Kenwood still has the Music Keg, and Alpine use to have a Hard drive type changer as well...

riverbound
    Yes, I think it is either panasonic or Clarion. I know we had one on display it would hold like 4 hours (I think). I never really got familiar with the radio, but if you call Dallas at AL&Eds he would know the radio The number is (909)481-8411. It is a really cool piece and sounded pretty good also. Better than an Ipod IMO.

100mbs
    Yeah, you would think with all the "IPOD" Craze that the manufactures would jump on the band wagon and make a head unit with a HD in it so you could copy your cd's to the head unit or plug in a IPOD or other music device and then download all your music to the headunit with out having to hang another device off it.

Mr. Naudio
    DXZ955MC
    Can record up to 6 of your store bought cds on to its hard drive.
    www.clarion.com

Racer277
    Check out the OmniFi DMP1.
    Has a 20g HD, and 802.11b
    You load all your music, then when you pull into the garage, it updates your files. A little scary, but kinda cool.....
    Let me know if you try it first, then maybe I'll get one...