Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***california Veh. Code Help***

79 HUSTLER
    CA if you want to use your truck as a "truck" it must be reg comm.... Now if you have a enclosed shell you don't have to. you can choose to have a reg lic on the truck, but if you carry ANYTHING( unless with shell ) in the bed your going to be hating life. So basicly you have a 1 row seating, gas drinking, 6-8ft of wasted space, hard to park, heavy car....
    I was told anything over 6400ish would become commercial, but could be wrong. I did not thing I had to worry about much unless my GVWR was over 26000#s but could be wrong..

79 HUSTLER
    How can you be hating on this ride, even painted to match the boat, HATERS
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...24-05_0942.jpg

WUTWZAT
    Thats a beautiful truck.... Looks as though it may glow in the dark, maybe thats why the neighbors are hating on you. Good looking truck.
    Jason

Chubby4Life
    Sweeet!

JetBoatRich
    Very Nice new truck Congratulations
    To bad about your neighbors I have one a couple doors down from me, they hate our RV out front. They have called the sherriff a few times regarding this, I was not in violation!
    Good Luck

79 HUSTLER
    Very Nice new truck Congratulations
    To bad about your neighbors I have one a couple doors down from me, they hate our RV out front. They have called the sherriff a few times regarding this, I was not in violation!
    Good Luck
    Every single time that I have my trailer infront of the house hooked up the parking enforcement is there that same day. The worst part is my other house is in the same housing track on a different street and I can leave my boat or trailer unhooked infront of the house for months and everyone is so cool about it.

79 HUSTLER
    Thats a beautiful truck.... Looks as though it may glow in the dark, maybe thats why the neighbors are hating on you. Good looking truck.
    Jason
    Thanks, and yeah its a lil bright....

Danhercules
    Look on your registration.. That will give you the UNLADEN weight. That will answer all of your questions....and you will know right now
    Not quite. My buddy has a F550, and he was not able to get Handicap tags cause the unladen weight was too hight, He went to the scales and it came in lower. Now he can get his tags. If your close, go weigh it.

Danhercules
    The vehicle has not been registered yet. They are stating that I need to go to the scales to get the weight once it is complete. Since they sold it to me with no bed, I need to put some kind of bed/service bed/box cube etc. then get a weight and some DMV paperwork so that they can process the registration. Until then it is not registered...per Ford. I know I screwed up with it in the street unregistered and am fine with paying that fine but I am sure that I am under the weight of 10,000.
    Weigh it first. Then put the bed on.

JetBoatRich
    Every single time that I have my trailer infront of the house hooked up the parking enforcement is there that same day. The worst part is my other house is in the same housing track on a different street and I can leave my boat or trailer unhooked infront of the house for months and everyone is so cool about it.
    The neighbor that complained has a son that likes to speed into his driveway, I live in a cudlesack and they are at the end(two doors down), when the kids are playing out front I will put cones in the street to get HIM to slow down, which I have told him before. He is deaf and a dipshit. Each time the sherriff has come I explain the situation and they say no problem, put the cones out and be safe. I usally only use the cones when the RV is out front to increase visibility and safety, since kids can be hiden behind the RV.
    This same guy hit and killed one of my dogs while speeding down the street (which again is a deadend), of course the dog should not have been in the street, but my daughter was playing with him and he got startled and ran home. From across the street

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast