Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Somebody needs to do a "Revenge Rescue"

BILLY.B
    [QUOTE=Morg]I thought around 3K would cover the hull. Well all said & done I was right around 6K before paint. The labor was at least 3 times what I thougt it would be. Ended up right around 500 hours. Now I did all the inside work myself, with the help of my buddy Paul & the best mixer & clean up man around, Cole Man.
    The outside glass work, Paul pretty much took care of. The outside was in pretty bad shape. I needed a pro to get her right. That & spraying the paint was the only thing I paid labor on.
    As she sits right now I am into her for around 23K. This is initial boat, motor & trailer costs plus materials & parts. It took me pretty much 3 years to get her running (they are never done).
    QUOTE] Ok John...If I understand this correctly and there were 500 hrs in this project, does it include the paint job?. If so and you were to take it to a shop a real cheap price per hour would be $50.00 bucks. With that said you'd have $25,000 in just the hull alone, plus all of your other cost. Is this right?.

wsuwrhr
    Originally Posted by Jetboatguru
    Floors $4500
    prep work- $2500
    Install Kit- $12000
    Install- $5000
    New Hull- $10,000
    Paint- $10,000
    Total = $44,000
    Kind of makes Nordlings boat a steal at $35000 for a complete running K boat.
    Also makes the K5 a steal for $6000
    Couple of more things Kato...
    1.Polish and anodizing/ powder coating $1000.00-$2000.00.
    2. Plumbing/ Hardlines..$2500.00 /?????
    3. Fuel tank...Stack tank/ Fuel cell ?????.
    Motor....5-10-25-40,000?
    Brian

dossangers
    Dont you just love these CIRCLE BOATS!! Its a good thing there so much fun to drive!!!!!!!!!!!! 500.00 per hour seat time??????? ''PRICELESS''

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    This is where I'm at...
    Boat 7,500
    Trailer 4,000
    Motor 15,000
    Additional bulkhead, transom reinforced, new sideboards, holes filled in stringers and side deck, floor done and full paint prep excluding the bottom 5,500
    I still need paint and I'm not sure what that will be.
    Stacked tanks 450 on ebay and at least 500 more to make them nice.
    V-drive refresh I've sent Tom Bentley 700 and just waiting for the rest of the bill.
    Re do some and replate other rigging. Not sure yet but at least 2,000.
    I'm sure someone could save money on motor from where I'm at and obviously paint could be compromised.
    In the end I should be over 40 but :clover: hopefully :clover: under 45,000

superdave013
    Ok John...If I understand this correctly and there were 500 hrs in this project, does it include the paint job?. If so and you were to take it to a shop a real cheap price per hour would be $50.00 bucks. With that said you'd have $25,000 in just the hull alone, plus all of your other cost. Is this right?.
    so where are these 50.00 per hour shops at in so cal these days anyway?
    Must be in someone's back yard out in Hemet.

wsuwrhr
    so where are these 50.00 per hour shops at in so cal these days anyway?
    Must be in someone's back yard out in Hemet.
    Hey now, I am close to Hemet..
    Brian

Moneypitt
    "close".............MP

Dave Sammons
    Dave --If someone gave you this boat, considering fiberglass only-what would be your best guess, cost wise, to bring this boat up to snuff. I'm curious as to the reality of restoring these old boats for the sake of it or restoring them thinking serious horsepower and letin it have it. Thanks ....Steve
    Been off the computer a couple days, Steve, but, it appears the fellas have definitely come up with some very solid numbers for you on what it takes to do these things. I have 5 different boats in various stages of completion right now, with 3 more coming as soon as I can get room, and most of them are for guys here on the forum and what is so special to me is the passion that each of these owners have not only for their boats, but, the passion that they have for our sport and V-drives in general. Yes, to bring one back is expensive, but, to Wayne's point, earlier on...There is nothing like the RUSH you feel when at speed in a V-drive boat, be it a runnerbottom or a circleboat. There really are no bad choices as long as the boat has a Casale or Menkens or Hemi or Aero Marine or whatever sittin' between the stringers, you can live the dream!

[QUOTE=Morg]I thought around 3K would cover the hull. Well all said & done I was right around 6K before paint. The labor was at least 3 times what I thougt it would be. Ended up right around 500 hours. Now I did all the inside work myself, with the help of my buddy Paul & the best mixer & clean up man around, Cole Man.
    The outside glass work, Paul pretty much took care of. The outside was in pretty bad shape. I needed a pro to get her right. That & spraying the paint was the only thing I paid labor on.
    As she sits right now I am into her for around 23K. This is initial boat, motor & trailer costs plus materials & parts. It took me pretty much 3 years to get her running (they are never done).
    QUOTE] Ok John...If I understand this correctly and there were 500 hrs in this project, does it include the paint job?. If so and you were to take it to a shop a real cheap price per hour would be $50.00 bucks. With that said you'd have $25,000 in just the hull alone, plus all of your other cost. Is this right?.
    The 500 Hours did not include the paint. The 23K includes Pauls labor to repair & spray.
    The 6K I noted for the hull is costs only. My labor was free. Paint not included
    A key factor to the 500 hours is this: I am not a pro boat builder. I would guess that labor could easily be cut in half with experience. If I did this deal over again (as if) I am sure I could cut the time way down. Unfortunatly I proved mysefl correct when I had to re-work the floors after a delam problem.

Sanger D
    wow!!!! you guys are lucky!!! I've never known ANY body who ever got back their money on any hot rod, or boat . House is about the only thing I've ever seen come back with a good profit!!.(land). I,ve got at LEAST 28K in my 72 blazer and its hands down the most bad ass blazer around!!!!!!but I,d never expect to get it all back, and their hard as hell to find fully intact anymore......I would think ANY K boat for 35k or less in new condition would be a steal....but to pay out right 50 plus for a new one seems pretty high. Isnt that why we all take so long to (git r dun), because we have to do most the stuff are selves or keep savin and do one thing at a timeCmon!!!!!!Its so damn exspensive to have anything done anymore!!!.........If it was'nt for the fact that I'm so addicted to my flatty and hot rods in general,Id be lookin for a cheaper hobby................ I talked to boyd senior the other day and his K boat is (supposedly) a new K ready to race ,for 35Kw/ trailer.wish I had the money!!!!! :cry: It would be a nice Christmas present for me if anyone is feeling generous!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast