Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Box, Nice Piece, Nice Price

Dana Marine Products
    We figured we'd try to save our customer's from sticker shock on a cool battery box. DMP's cast machined battery boxes are available in group 24, 27, and 30. Pricing is $95.00 each including the billet step plate. Our boxes allow for easy battery service, the top and step plate can be removed quickly with two nuts. The step plates come pre-installed, no drilling or tapping required. The complete line can be viewed on our website @ www.danamarineproducts.com .
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...na_cast_bb.gif

phebus
    Is there such a thing as a low cost battery box for Optima batteries? I can't afford billet at this time, but there doesn't seem to be any options. A cast box would be nice.

Essex29
    Is there such a thing as a low cost battery box for Optima batteries? I can't afford billet at this time, but there doesn't seem to be any options. A cast box would be nice.
    Phebus, check out RiverDave's line!!

Dr. Eagle
    That looks like a POS (E)
    Piece of Superior (Engineering)...

phebus
    Aren't they like $125.- a pop? I need three, and was looking for a low cost option until I could afford billet.
    What box is everyone using with Optimas. Everyone can't be using billet, but I haven't seen anything else advertized that fit.

mike37
    thats bad ass looks great but your link no work

Dana Marine Products
    You can use our group 24 box for the Optima top post batteries. They fit fine. We just moved, so we're expiriencing the joy of phone companies. Hopefully the site will be up and rocking tomorrow. FYI - The boxes are also available without the billet step plates. Our top is machined and modeled after our billet box, so even without the billet step plate it's a very nice looking piece. Most people can't believe it's not billet.

ROZ
    so even without the billet step plate it's a very nice looking piece.
    Isn't the top piece going to be mandatory? I thought I heard that new coastguard regulation will be terminal covers manditory, or something to that effect..

Dana Marine Products
    ROZ - That's what I heard, but it seems that it's not true. Some of our larger OEM's were recently checked and they specifically asked and the Coast Gaurd and they said that it is not necessary.

ULTRA28
    You must have some sort of protection (cover) for the posts. It doesn't have to be a step plate, but they must be protected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast