Thread: jacuzzi

moparjet
    hello all,i am rebuilding my jacuzzi wj.came apart fine with no trouble.i was wondering what to look for when i put it back together as far as impellar set up and improving anything.so far im going together stock with b impeller and no diverter(it not in the budget yet)and what would be the best way to seal the transom adapter?
    thank for the help

napabob
    moparjet,
    It appears that my transom adapter is installed using only clear silicon seal material.
    When I took off the exhaust ports for polishing, that is all that I found on those two items. When I put them back, I used some RTV silicone to reinstalled them.

moparjet
    thanks for the info.........the jacuzzi seems simple so far,but its my first pump rebuild and i dont want to screw anything up

Just make sure your impeller is not all dinged up, you dont want a hammered leading edge, nice sharp leading edge is ideal. Dont get carried away with the sharpening if you dont know what your doing, you can screw it up easily.
    You could tighten up the front clearance if you want.Measure the impeller and wear ring to see what kind of clearances you have now.
    Couple tips.. Careful with the little screws that hold that wear ring in, they break or strip easily, and remember how the seals and that aluminum spacer were in before you go tearing into it.

moparjet
    Thanks For The Tips...i Have A New Impeller And Wear Ring So I Dont Have To Do Any Grinding...what Is The Best Way To Measure The Impeller To Wear Ring?...do I Go In Through The Inspection Cover?...the Book I Have Sucks...it Dosnt Have Any Torque Specs...it Does Show The Seals And Spacers But Im Not Sure If Its Right...thanks Again

napabob
    Thanks For The Tips...i Have A New Impeller And Wear Ring So I Dont Have To Do Any Grinding...what Is The Best Way To Measure The Impeller To Wear Ring?...do I Go In Through The Inspection Cover?...the Book I Have Sucks...it Dosnt Have Any Torque Specs...it Does Show The Seals And Spacers But Im Not Sure If Its Right...thanks Again
    I have a repair manual for the 12WJ. It is a reprint without any pictures (figures). I purchased it from NAMJ the current owners of the Jacuzzi line. Contact Jason T. Hill for more information.
    http://www.marinejet.com/home.html

malcolm
    I'm not sure which torques you're looking for, but the bowl and impeller both say 20 ft lbs in my book.

moparjet
    Thanks Guys.....the Impeller Was My Main Consern....how The Check The Clearance

nitro557
    the shaft as far a s i seen didnt have a shoulder to shim the impeller out
    the wear ring is a plastic so itll wear its own clearence just when it goes together make sure the step goes into the wear ring far and all still turns
    i forgot to send the nuts for that steering tube ill see you this weekend :crossx:

malcolm
    You don't do any shimming on the WJ. That's the YJ.