Thread: Nitrous WOT switch

Taylorman
    I was wondering what the most popular way to trigger nitrous. Im curious what everyone uses, whether it be an MSD rpm activated switch, wot switch mounted on carb or other methods.

CrazyHippy
    I was wondering what the most popular way to trigger nitrous. Im curious what everyone uses, whether it be an MSD rpm activated switch, wot switch mounted on carb or other methods.
    Used to run both in my street racing days.
    Not as much of an issue on a jet boat, but you dont want to spray at really low RPM's even if you are at full throttle.
    Used to run a master arm switch (fired up the fuel pump too) to a push button on the wheel (right hand so i would'nt spray and shift at the same time) to a full throttle switch (built into the pedal stop) to a rpm box. Also ran a cut off, so the spray would stop before the msd rev-limiter hit when the wheels spun.
    IMHO a master switch, full throttle switch, rev box (high and low) should be fine in a boat.
    BJH :shift:

Wide open switch on the linkage. Nitrous pro flow makes a nice one for all types of carb set ups. I just installed one and Im happy with it. It mounts to one of the four mounting bolts or studs that secures the carb to the manifold.
    CS

Taylorman
    So a wot switch is the way to go huh. MSD rpm switches aren't recommended?
    CS19, you adding nitrous? How much? Not fast enough for ya is it?

Foggerjet
    Taylorman, I have a bunch of them. I usually use the microswitch type that the carb linkage pushes the switch closed. There is also a "keychain" type that hooks to the carb and pulls the switch closed. I personally don't care for the keychain type. If you want one (microswitch type) PM your adress I'll send one. Has 2 male spade conns. and a mounting bracket.
    fog

nelsonf
    Banderlog makes a real nice WOT Switch Setup for Holley Carbs and is very cost effective.

UBFJ #454
    We have a n2o circuit on/of switch and n2o line Purge button down on the main control panel which encompasses the jet pump gate lever mounted on the right stringer by the driver's seat and an on button up on the left spoke of the stearing wheel which is depressed by the driver's left thumb ... When depressed, n2o on via the Nitrous ProFlow Solenoids (one per side) ... when released, the n2o turns off.

Its not for NOS taylorman, its for a launch control, which i havent used yet.
    I really wanna put nos on though, once i get it to stay hooked up, the bottle goes in.
    check out the banderlog switch, its a nice one as well. I know MPD has one in stock.
    CS