Thread: 25'cougar mtr info

Two K's
    Any body own a 25'cougar cat mtr I might have a chance to buy one that needs some work Anybody know how they perform and handle? This one is a sterndrive one Just looking to use it for short time than sell. Are they popular? Thanks for any info
    Keith

andy01
    I have heard they are a pretty good performing boat. The problem with buying them a while back was they were pricey to ship in the US since they were built in Canada. They did take a hit on the resale value a while back because the American dollar was so strong against the Canadian dollar. You were able to buy a new one for less then what most used ones for selling for. Then new ones got popular again. I would say if you were able to buy the boat do the work and sell it and make money then do it. If you are not going to make money on the deal then pass on it and buy something that is already nice. Just make you sure you cover everything when figuring out how much it will cost you to "fix" the things that need fixing. SpectreDave on these boards had one for sale a while back. He might contact him and see what he had. The price he was asking seemed pretty good.
    Andy

don johnson
    Any body own a 25'cougar cat mtr I might have a chance to buy one that needs some work Anybody know how they perform and handle? This one is a sterndrive one Just looking to use it for short time than sell. Are they popular? Thanks for any info
    Keith
    I used to own a 1989 25 MTR which I sold years ago. It was an awesome performing boat! I had a GT Performance 1,000 HP blower motor in it and would run 120 MPH all day long. turned like it was on rails and never porpoised. This boat handled the big water better then any other 25' boat around.
    What was original about that boat was the high freeboard and large cabin area. That boat has more cabin area then any other 25' boat made. However, the cockpit was a little cramped!

Waldo
    I used to own a 1989 25 MTR which I sold years ago. It was an awesome performing boat! I had a GT Performance 1,000 HP blower motor in it and would run 120 MPH all day long.
    That thing was sick fast and handled very well for a 25 in my opinion. Good times Ponus!!!