Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap VOIP phone service

BoatPI
    I have had VOIP internet phne service for about a year. It is VErizon, and has had it's problems.
    Last week I subscribed to SunRocket VOIP service www.sunrocket.com (http://www.sunrocket.com)
    In 5 days I received the modem, a free GE 5.8 2 station phone, and all wires. After attaching it to my WAN line it was working in 5 minutes!!!
    NO issues, no time spent configuring the system, just perfect dial tone and voice service.
    $199.00 per year, UNLIMITED calling, USA, Canada, and PR, with all calling features, ring tones etc!!!! At about $16.90 per month this is the deal.
    FYI u need a high speed net connection that is NOT DSL to make this work, and the modem can be taken with you around the world and plugged in for your local area code dialing. MOst area codes are available.

INSman
    I have had VOIP internet phne service for about a year. It is VErizon, and has had it's problems.
    Last week I subscribed to SunRocket VOIP service www.sunrocket.com (http://www.sunrocket.com)
    In 5 days I received the modem, a free GE 5.8 2 station phone, and all wires. After attaching it to my WAN line it was working in 5 minutes!!!
    NO issues, no time spent configuring the system, just perfect dial tone and voice service.
    $199.00 per year, UNLIMITED calling, USA, Canada, and PR, with all calling features, ring tones etc!!!! At about $16.90 per month this is the deal.
    FYI u need a high speed net connection that is NOT DSL to make this work, and the modem can be taken with you around the world and plugged in for your local area code dialing. MOst area codes are available.
    I have IGONET, and have one in CA and another at the Havasu house. People always inquire as to how I have an 805 number in Havasu

lalhc
    I use Vonage for my home office. You can port over most #'s w/Vonage and add 800#'s.

KLEPTOW
    There's nothing like putting your personal phone conversations out on the internet for anyone to spoof or listen to.

INSman
    There's nothing like putting your personal phone conversations out on the internet for anyone to spoof or listen to.
    I have news for you my friend,
    VoIp, cell, copper landline, it doesn't matter. If someone wants to listen in bad enough, you are never 100% protected. Besides, my conversations do not involve anything that critical anyway :220v:

gqchris
    Thats a funny comment. I think this is the last thing people need to worry about when there are 100's of OPEN Wirelesss Access Points in almost every neighborhood. Why not just tune in to cell phone calls for the good info, hell of a lot easier!

gqchris
    I have news for you my friend,
    VoIp, cell, copper landline, it doesn't matter. If someone wants to listen in bad enough, you are never 100% protected. Besides, my conversations do not involve anything that critical anyway :220v:
    Exactly!

topless
    There's nothing like putting your personal phone conversations out on the internet for anyone to spoof or listen to.Are you worried people will hear you phone sex conversations?

dmontzsta
    I use Speakeasy for my business. They supply me with a T1 as well. We have been happy and I have heard no complaints, the uptime seems to be about 98%.

Boatcop
    There service tech just left, after hooking up my Cable VOIP phone. It's through NPG Cable. Unlimited local and Long Distance, Voice mail, Call waiting, and caller ID (none of which is available in Parker through Verizon).
    It's $39.95 per month, which is a savings of about 20 bucks over what I had with Verizon and ATT long distance.
    Welcome me to the 20th Century. :hammerhea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast