Thread: Place Diverter verses Jetovator

jjlockne
    Could someone please enlighten me of the major differences between a Place Diverter and a Jetovator as far as performance and cost?

I can not speak intelligently on the difference of the two units. But I can state that I just purchased a Place Diverter from "jetpump@earthlink.net".
    Installed it last Friday and ran it on Sunday. What a significant difference in performance and ride, and the service I received from Tom, was exceptional!
    I ordered the place divertor, hydraluic unit and gauges.
    Originally posted by jjlockne:
    Could someone please enlighten me of the major differences between a Place Diverter and a Jetovator as far as performance and cost?

Functionally they work the same. I have a jetavator and my buddies all run Place Diverter. Our roosters are equal height and ride is affected about the same. The only problem with a Jetavator is that due to the pivot points being opposite you can't run a droop snoot with it and you can with the Place Diverter. Jetavator has the up down pivot point first then the steering and Place is the opposite. If you don't ever plan on trying a droop snoot then the jetavator will work just fine.

SPECTRABRENT
    THe Newer Place Diverter has the nozle insert option and reverse is much better.
    I would go with the Place Diverter.
    Brent

disco_charger
    Prop,
    About how much was your place (if you don't mind me asking) and how hard was it to install. I've been thinking about switching over, but I don't want to give up my droop.
    Disco

jjlockne
    So what is the major advantage of a droop snout?

Hallett19
    look at droop snoots on www.placediverter.com (http://www.placediverter.com) it show you how they work, it pretty much drops the drive in the water a bit which lifts the boat out and makes for less of a wetted area = more speed

Disco -
    Tom & Rhonda who the shop spent about 15 minutes on the phone with to start with. I followed the instructions from and spent about 3/4 of a day getting it all in. I installed the place diverter, the hydraluic system and ran the gauges and switches to the dashboard (I have a 27' boat so a lot of time was spent run wires and hising them).
    The whole thing was around $900 (place diverter, hydraulic system, & guages), plus shipping from California to Louisiana. The only additional item I am going to add is the rudder (another $60-$70). My 27' steers like a aircraft carrier at idle.
    Would I personally do it again, and was it worth it - hell yes & hell yes. I honestly recommend going through jetpump@earthlink.net, if you do. Service, service , service, they pride themselves on providing just that!
    Originally posted by disco_charger:
    Prop,
    About how much was your place (if you don't mind me asking) and how hard was it to install. I've been thinking about switching over, but I don't want to give up my droop.
    Disco