Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Nordskog in 1966, he was 52 years old then!

haulina29
    AGT001 its funny you replied , when I was typing this I was going to say i bet agt001 has some marathon stories to share from back in the day also . The ski race starts were fun but the Enduro was the real deal .

Just thinking about the start of the parker 9 hour gives me goose bumps. Thoses switzer wings running twin tower-of-powers with stackers on them made an unbelievable sound. Sounded like a pack of hornets charging up river on the first lap.

*BN*
    Just thinking about the start of the parker 9 hour gives me goose bumps. Thoses switzer wings running twin tower-of-powers with stackers on them made an unbelievable sound. Sounded like a pack of hornets charging up river on the first lap.
    Back during the 9 hour we had a mobile home at the Road Runner and what we would call turn one was right there at the end of AH-VILLA-PARK (now La Paz). There would be bets at the bar the night before on, What will hit the turn first an inboard or an outboard? Most of the time it was the inboard, driven by, none other than Bob Nordskog.
    I also remember in the 9 hour he or one of the other inboards were leading substantially just to have mechanicals in the last hour. Matter of fact Nordskog lost a drive within the last 15 minutes one year.
    Always rooted for the inboard guys even if they were tunnels.

vdriver4ever
    I was around all the brands in the 60s and 70s and I can tell you the technology and rigging that is in my 71 Nordskog was way ahead of its time. Bob not only was an iron man he knew how to build iron boats.
    I know there are very few of these Nordskogs left and I hope to keep mine for many years.

Sleek-Jet
    BN,
    I have some great footage of one of the salton sea 500s with nordskog driving his 'sharks tooth' boat. It was shot from a helicopter. the water looked like a washing machine and he never took his foot out of it. Guy had stones the size of bowling balls. All those guys did back then. 500 miles in a flat, fockin A.
    thanks for the great article. I have several old Powerboat mags (peterson owned) and hot boat mags from the early 60's and there are a few articles written by Bowman in them.
    What year was the film taken???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12