Hi I currently have a working Rogers with a 455 olds in it. After reading everything on these forums I am very worried about spinning bearing and other engine problems. I have a tight budget like most boaters so I don't have the funds to upgrade to a BBC or BBF. I found this deal locally and want to know your opinions. I am looking at this a spare engine to build while the current one is being used. When it goes down I'll have a fresh one to put in. Please let me know if you were in my position what you would do.
thanks in advance.
-----
I am selling a mostly complete 455 Oldsmobile engine minus timing chain and gears. I have lots of parts: 3 cams from stock to mild to big, extra lifters, jet boat exhaust, motor mount, 3 intakes, extra rods and pistons (some are balanced and forged), and a 12 quart oil pan with windage tray. Basically the engine was in a jet boat and spun a rod bearing after being rebuilt and i need rid of it by next week because im moving and no longer have use for this stuff.If you're interested you'll need a engine hoist when you come pick it up, and you have to take it all. First $300 takes it.