Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duramax Or Powerstroke?

LAFD
    In The Very Near Future Im Gunna Be Trading My Truck In For A Diesal. Havent Decided On Chevy Or Ford. So Im Looking To All The ***boat Folks To Give There Opinions On Each.

racecar.hotshoe
    Duramax hands down!When the time is right call Jay!You will be glad you did.Mark

Lightning
    I have a DMAX and love it. I think that both are good motors - it really depends on which truck you like better. I personally like the looks and layout of the Chevy.

LAFD
    I've Kinda Talked To Jay I Have To Work Some Stuff Out With My Truck Before I Can Get The Ball Rollin. But I Was Just Lookin For Other Experiances And Opinions For Both Diesals.

racecar.hotshoe
    I've Kinda Talked To Jay I Have To Work Some Stuff Out With My Truck Before I Can Get The Ball Rollin. But I Was Just Lookin For Other Experiances And Opinions For Both Diesals.
    Suck it up and just buy one!........... :coffeycup

Essex502
    Cummins.

NorCalCat
    Ford 6.0 Tourque shifter. can't go wrong. Added the attitude juice, more power than you need and I get about 18 mpg towing 22 mpg freeway non tow with a 4" lift.

Cole Trickle
    I like the ride and the handling of the GM diesel trucks.Not to mention there size makes it a little easier to park and get around town.
    The Ford is nice and feels like a chevy with a 3" lift.Turning radius sucks.The Powerstroke feels stronger than the D-max motor wise (Almost revs like a gas engine)
    I drove a Dodge last week with the H.O. motor and it felt like a powerstroke with a 50hp chip.(I was very impressed)
    The big 3 are all making good trucks and from what I have heard Jay is the man when it comes to scoring a amazing deal on a Chevy.
    Brandin

Deano
    The Duramax kicks A**, I have a D-max and a truck w/Powerstroke...
    The powerstroke is alot louder in the cab.
    If you buy a Chevy, make sure you dont put a Fabtech lift kit on it. Im on my fifth set of idler and pitmans (70k miles) Unless you like your front tires woobling out of control until you either, slam on the brakes or eccelerate as fast as you can over 45mph. Makes for a nice ride home from the office :burningm:

Essex502
    If you should change you mind and consider the Dodge - talk to Super Tina (aka missboatnam2) as she made me a sweet deal!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast