Thread: Billet battery boxes for 6v batteries

Tremor Therapy
    So the boat is getting 2 new 6v AGM batteries to run the stereo, and all I have found are plastic boxes. In fact, the batteries I want to use are too tall for the plastic boxes, so I would have to rig something up in the mean time (2 of these $65 batteries get me 530 minutes of reserve capacity).
    I know it has been mentioned in the past, but who builds (stocks?) billet boxes for the 6v batteries? I don't want any debate on the battery issue, thats been resolved. All I want to know is who has them?
    RD, Wes?

Tom Brown
    Yep. Froggystyle.
    By the way... 12 volt gel is the way to go... http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Froggystyle
    So the boat is getting 2 new 6v AGM batteries to run the stereo, and all I have found are plastic boxes. In fact, the batteries I want to use are too tall for the plastic boxes, so I would have to rig something up in the mean time (2 of these $65 batteries get me 530 minutes of reserve capacity).
    I know it has been mentioned in the past, but who builds (stocks?) billet boxes for the 6v batteries? I don't want any debate on the battery issue, thats been resolved. All I want to know is who has them?
    RD, Wes?
    I have them for the Trojan T-105 6Volts.
    Tell me more about yours though. AGM for $65?

Tremor Therapy
    I have them for the Trojan T-105 6Volts.
    Tell me more about yours though. AGM for $65?
    Wes,
    I just called them, and they said, "oops, sorry guy, the AGM is $179.90, we must have mis-quoted you."
    Nice, but the 530 minute reserve are flooded cell, they are made by U.S. Battery, and are $89.90 each retail. The AGM are from Deka, they have 383 minute reserve capacity, and they are 179.90 each retail. The $65 dollar battery he said he was referring too was the T-105. Anyway, about the boxes.....all of the 6v that he has are 10 1/4" long x 7 1/8" wide x 11 1/8" tall. The AGM and the 530 minute capacity flooded cell are 11 7/8" tall, so there is the rub......anybody have boxes?

RiverDave
    RD, Wes?
    I don't currently make anything that would fit that application. We are a "custom" CNC shop so that's not to say we couldn't make you something, but when it's all said and done I'm not sure you'd be overly excited about the price tag of something like that. See if Wes's battery boxes for the Trident will fit your application. That'd be where I start.
    RD

Froggystyle
    I have the boxes for the T-105's. In addition, I can get you the batteries for less than that as I am an OEM distributor for them.
    Let me know.

ROZ
    Do you have a hookup for AGM 6v's ?

Huckleberry
    RD,
    When's the CEM site gonna be up and running? I don't know what I want to buy, but shopping is always fun...and who knows what ya come across that ya just can't live without!

RiverDave
    RD,
    When's the CEM site gonna be up and running? I don't know what I want to buy, but shopping is always fun...and who knows what ya come across that ya just can't live without!
    It will hopefully be up and running this week!! Actually doing the terms and conditions and return policy today.
    RD

Tremor Therapy
    Wes,
    Check your pm.
    Alan