Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IHBA RULE CHANGE: Bilge Pumps Required

UBFJ #454
    IHBA RULE CHANGE: Henceforth All Drag Boats Competing in IHBA EVENTS will be required to have a Bilge Pump ... Tech will Require the pump to be installed to compete in The World Finals ... Refer to Announcement @ http://www.dragboatracing.com (http://).
    Rexone ... Do you have in stock the Rule-Mate Automatic Bilge Pump, Model 750 and, how much ... or other Suggestions?

steelcomp
    IHBA RULE CHANGE: Henceforth All Drag Boats Competing in IHBA EVENTS will be required to have a Bilge Pump ... Tech will Require the pump to be installed to compete in The World Finals ... Refer to Announcement @ http://www.dragboatracing.com (http://).
    Rexone ... Do you have in stock the Rule-Mate Automatic Bilge Pump, Model 750 and, how much ... or other Suggestions?The smallest lightest one you can find. Momentary switch so you can't leave it on. I run the little 500gph rule, non automatic, just plain pump, and it works fine. Find a spot in the back and silicone the mounting ring to the bottom of the boat and they make real nice lightweight plastic dump hose, too, so the whole thing shouldn't be 2lbs.

I like the Rule pumps too, they are light and thin and will fit in between the intake and the side of the tunnel on the eliminators,ultras,cheyannes,etc. not sure if it will fit on the side of the intake in the brendella but its nice to have a bilge in the center sponson up against the transom. I actually have 3 pumps, one for each sponson and its saved my ass more than once.
    I wouldnt use silicone though, one fuel spill in the bilge and it will let go, gasoline and silicone dont get along at all, use sea goin putty or mount it to the transom.
    CS

77charger
    I saw that earlier guess i have to get a pump now.I do get a bit of water in my boat too but not enough to hurt.I consider it ballast to slow me down though :rollside:

steelcomp
    I saw that earlier guess i have to get a pump now.I do get a bit of water in my boat too but not enough to hurt.I consider it ballast to slow me down though :rollside:It can come in handy if you're running a bracket. You can make last minute changes at the rope by adjusting your ballast.

steelcomp
    CS19: I wouldnt use silicone though, one fuel spill in the bilge and it will let go, gasoline and silicone dont get along at all, use sea goin putty or mount it to the transom. I should have been more specific...I use Permatex Ultra...that $hit laughs at gas and oil. If you have the surfaces clean, it ain't coming loose.

502 JET
    A bildge pump system will weigh a lot less than a gallon of water.
    You may run quicker with the pump.

bp
    i've used silicone for decades to hold the bilge pump suction piece in place. if silicone wasn't resistant to oil/gas, etc., you'd probably be resetting your transom adapter/plates about once a month i haven't had a problem with the silicone letting the pump go, but i have had the little suction pieces break and had to replace them. poxyputtying the thing in might make it just a tad more difficult to get the the thing back out?

Gasoline attacks window and door type silicone, thats a fact!!! And if you spill fuel and it runs back to your TA plates well its not helping the situation, trust me on this one.

sdba069
    You can believe that. We reseal pump plates on a regular basis. I seldom epoxy or silicone my pumps down. Usually run the hose so that I can secure it allowing minimum movement on the pump.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast