Thread: 24' Python

Exhausted
    Anyone have any experience with a 24' Python deep-v w/BB Chev & Berekley pump? Looking at one for use in Lake Erie.

flat broke
    No first hand experience, but I would have to guess its slow going.
    Chris

spectras only
    Pythons are similar to Donzis,and with a 24 degree deadrise it would be very slow,unless you have a blown engine.I knew someone with a similarly setup 24 footer with a berkeley,and the speed was around 45-47MPH

Slick
    Why would you want a jet for use in Lake Erie? Isn't that lake like 1000' deep? Is it a good deal or is there some reason you'd want to run a jet on such a big lake? I'd think a prop would be much better suited for the great lakes.
    Slick

custom-cruiser
    I think this guy could tell you what you want to know. http://www.teshio.com/JetBoat/python.html

Exhausted
    Originally posted by Slick:
    Why would you want a jet for use in Lake Erie? Isn't that lake like 1000' deep? Is it a good deal or is there some reason you'd want to run a jet on such a big lake? I'd think a prop would be much better suited for the great lakes.
    Slick
    Lake Erie is actually very shallow, average about 75'. The narrow deep-v of the Python would give a good ride on the 2'-4' waves normally seen on the lake. The jet seems appealing as it's maintenance and repair are more user friendly and less expensive than an outdrive. I realize performance will not be equal, but I was hoping it would be usable.