Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage 15-35%?

Hydro-Thunder
    Ok this is being kicked around on another board and I thought you guys would have some input on this? Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage 15-35%? Here is the link to the article. http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Sleek-Jet
    I knew an old guy that used to swear by Acetone in the tank... he claimed the same benifits and said he started doing it back in the 70's during the gas crunch...
    I never have tried it myself...
    This should get interesting.

BigDoug
    Very cool and informative article, im waiting for others to chime in here to see what they say about it.. :idea:

blowngas
    Acetone is a great degreaser also----so if you think you want to try it, you're gona need to go to the parts house and get a box of fuel filters, cause you're gona be changing them quite frequently!!!-----nobody remembers when the first no lead gas came out??----all the refinerys were adding airomatics, like benzene, tolulene, ect. to get the octane up and man did that stuff clean the crap out of the gas tanks!!!

speedaddict
    *edit- I decided to trim my ramblings down to: I'm doubtful this does anything.

Hydro-Thunder
    I dont think this has anything to do with boosting the octane. Also it seems like such a small amount 1 oz.\10 Gal. that it wold not degrease anything. No one else has anything to say about this? I thought this would have sparked something.

It sounds too good to be true. the last 55 gallon drum of acetone I bought was only about $200. we use it to clean up with when doing fiberglass laminating. if I could simply add an ounce or two to ten gallons of gas and get more power and increased mileage, that would be SWEET! I remember when I was racing and a few guys were using propolene oxide to gain power. a small amount in the tank and it was like using nitrous. you had to richen the mixture drastically to keep from melting pistons. not very streetable. anybody here have first hand knowledge about using acetone?

I read what info was available on the internet about this, and will be trying it this weekend. We're towing out to BHC this weekend (260 miles each way) and normally get 11 mpg. I'll run 3 oz/10gal on the way out there and just gas back. The return trip shouldn't be much different as I'll have 11 gallons left from the first tank when I refill.

Hydro-Thunder
    I will look forward to your results. I hope it really does some good.

BigDoug
    Mike, if your serious about doing this (no bullshitting) then let us know your results....ok ?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast