Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canfield Heads up

Fiat48
    The heads I have are marked 119. That supposed to mean 119 cc I presume. Well, they are 115cc. No big deal in my department for what I am doing but may be for what you are doing. Maybe I got the only set this way..maybe not. Just so you know.

steelcomp
    The heads I have are marked 119. That supposed to mean 119 cc I presume. Well, they are 115cc. No big deal in my department for what I am doing but may be for what you are doing. Maybe I got the only set this way..maybe not. Just so you know.
    Hmmm. I bet you got them from Comp Products. Guess I better check mine.
    Thanks Bob.

Fiat48
    No. I didn't. They were shipped direct. Also better tap every hole in those heads. Threads on mine are rough and Canfield does not use Helicoils.

steelcomp
    No. I didn't. They were shipped direct. Also better tap every hole in those heads. Threads on mine are rough and Canfield does not use Helicoils.
    Boy, that's a 10-4! I usually do just for GP. Spark plug holes are rough.
    After opening my chambers up to 4.31 and doing a little work to them, they're right at 122cc, so I would guess they were pretty close in the beginning. If I leave them the way they are, I think that'll put me under 12:1 with the SRP's for the alky motor.

Fiat48
    Are your heads stamped 119?

steelcomp
    Are your heads stamped 119?Yes..24.5-119-0. The 24.5 I believe is the intake angle. And there's a serial no. :coffeycup

Fiat48
    Well, that answers that. Somebody missed this at Canfield. No big deal. We be 14.7 to 1 compression. It oughta leave good.

steelcomp
    Well, that answers that. Somebody missed this at Canfield. No big deal. We be 14.7 to 1 compression. It oughta leave good. Oooohhh...that's gonna have some POP! C16, C14. or alky???

Carnivalride
    Guys,
    Let me know what you think of those canfields once you get a chance to run them.
    Thanks,
    Loren

HBjet
    Hustler and Flat Broke both run Canfield heads on there DNE motors and both of them make some good power. I talked to Dave at DNE and he seems to be pretty happy with these heads.
    Just my .02
    HBjet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast