Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLYTHE

HARDIN18
    ANYONE GO TO BLYTHE? THIS WEEKEND?

HARDIN18
    FINE THEN. I DONT GIVE A SH*T IF ANY OF YOU ARE OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND. MORE BEER FOR ME.

Bense468
    Let me know how the water in Blythe is? Is it low whats up. I think I am going out with a buddy next weekend not sure yet.

wrightnow
    I was just at Big river last weekend and the water was high. Hope it holds for summer.

HARDIN18
    I was there last weekend and the water was plenty high. They lowered it at night. If that matters.

gstark
    Go to this site for waterflow reports. www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/ (http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/)
    From my experience, any time the flow from Parker Dam is 9000 CFS or more, you will be fine. Best skiing at Blythe, south of 10, is around 9500 CFS. Even at this level, you need to watch depth. They are showing flows now from 11-13000 CFS. When this occurs the water sucks for skiing as the flow rate is too high and a lot of turbulence results. It also drags a lot of crap from the shoreline into the flow. Chances are that a lot of the shoreline and sand bars will disappear as well at these higher levels.
    Keep in mind that these are peak releases, and in the AM and late PM they usually drop the flow rates and thus, the water level.
    I've asked the watermasters and webmasters about listing actual flows from the Palo Verde Diversion Dam, north of which is Lost Lake, Big River, etc. They have yet to do this, but I believe a big chunk of flow is siphoned off ahead or around this dam.
    [This message has been edited by gstark (edited March 27, 2002).]

beached1
    Usually, the water is it's lowest (below the wier dam) on friday. Then picks up to it's highest friday night/sat morning. Then, slowly drops in level thoughout the week till Fri night again. If you have a jet, then pray for low water levels. you get more sand bars to party on and it keeps all the wake board boats away. For up to the day and 5 day weather forcasts in Blythe, call 760-922-5173. The Palo Verde Irrigation dist gives a daily recording.
    Most common phrase used in Blythe,
    "Boy you got purty mouth"

LeadFootTheRabbit
    Blythe? I was there. Last wednesday and thursday at Mayflower and the water level was high. The next time I'll be there will be late April.
    LDFTRBT out

HARDIN18
    Ah, who cares about the water level if you have a jet? The whole point of the river is to throw back a few and stand around with friends and talk sh*t. Thats what I look forward to. The water is to cold to get into right now anywase.

Bense468
    Yeah I remember rolling there early last year though and being able to walk across the river with no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast